PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle USA review

McGone
09-25-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/731/14361/Motorcycle-Article/2013-Can-Am-Spyder-ST-First-Look.aspx?WT.i_e_dcsvid=2033704778
Motorcyle USA has a first risde review of the ST with some of the dimenional information.
Can-Am opened up the ergonomics by moving the footrests five inches forward compared to the Spyder RS and pulling back the handlebars four inches while raising them up 3.3 inches. They used firmer foam padding in the seat and added a five-way adjustable windscreen with four inches of movement which has been mounted on a sleek new pod. :doorag:541425414354144

Bob Denman
10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out for info on the new model. :thumbup:
We're all going to have to watch for any reports on how the new bikes differ from last year's offerings... ;)

ARtraveler
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
That was a good review. I will let you know when any reviews come up in Rider. That is the only motorcycle magazine that I get these days.

Recluze
10-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Good review. While initially uninterested in this new model, itis beginning to lure me in. Sounds like they took an RS and outfitted it the way I would want it to be. I would be interested in learning about fuel mileage (range) and how it handles on the open road. I found the RT's a bit lacking in both of these areas especially the handling aspect. I will stay tuned.

Tonga
10-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Good review. While initially uninterested in this new model, itis beginning to lure me in. Sounds like they took an RS and outfitted it the way I would want it to be. I would be interested in learning about fuel mileage (range) and how it handles on the open road. I found the RT's a bit lacking in both of these areas especially the handling aspect. I will stay tuned.
I would imagine that it will be more agile then the full blown touring RTS and with less weight to push, the 990 will be more acceptable to this chassis. The foot pegs moving ahead and lower should make it a comfortable machine, good going BRP. Still need a multi Cyl engine !! No sale here.

Spydr in KS
10-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Still need a multi Cyl engine !! No sale here.:hun:

Bob Denman
10-13-2012, 04:51 PM
:agree: :hun: I would think that a V-Twin means that it's already got 2 cylinders: Multi!

boborgera
10-13-2012, 06:05 PM
:agree: :hun: I would think that a V-Twin means that it's already got 2 cylinders: Multi!

Semantics, In bike talk, Multi usually means, 4.
Multi= many, Twin= Not enough. :roflblack:

Dwanton
10-13-2012, 06:13 PM
When are the going to put their supercharged motor on the spyder :banghead:

Tigger
10-13-2012, 07:49 PM

I think the SC version is a 3 cylinder. Loose the frunk at it might just fit.

Bob Denman
10-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Probably never... Do we need that much power? :dontknow:

StanProff
10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Probably never... Do we need that much power? :dontknow:

The Spyder is already faster than most cars, our bikes have to be a lot faster than our cars. Right? Wonder why that is?