PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar shake

spydernatic
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
This is an update from my previous handlebar shake thread, the dealership replaced the left front tire and rebalanced both tires and my handlebar shake was mostly gone I just had a fender and windshield shiver around 55 mph not much on the handlebars. A friend told me about some balancing beads that are inserted into the tires so I thought let me try them to fine tune the shiver at 55 mph. I called the company Counteract balancing beads and was assured that their product would resolve my issue so I purchased them, they came in a bag specially designed for the Can- Am Spyder with 2 -2oz bags for the front and 1- 3 oz for the rear wheel. I put the beads in the tires and took a test ride well my shake was now back at 45 to 47 mph and at 55 mph. I called the company and they told me to remove all of the weights (initially I was told to leave them on ) so I removed the weights took a test ride and the wheels were perfectly balanced from 0 to 62 mph after 62 mph I had a wild handlebar shake all the way up to 75 mph. So now I was getting irritated I removed the wheels and went to my neighbor who rents space from Conyers tire.
They removed the beads from the tires and on each wheel moved the tire around the rim until they got a good balance and then added the weights.
I am now pleased to say I have a perfectly balanced Can - Am Spyder RT for the first time since buying the RT in June this year.
YEAH what a pleasure to ride the bike with no shaking and I can not THANK Chris and the guys at CONYERS TIRE enough for going the extra mile and getting this balancing issue resolved...so if your Spyder has an balancing problem call them and ride smooth like the Spyder should ride. :D
Now if I can only get rid of this belt vibration the Spyder RT will be worth the money I paid for it.