PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride?

Spyderman
01-13-2008, 10:42 AM
The mono shock on the Spyder looks awful close to the one on the M109. Do you think the Kewl Metal Air Ride system would work on the Spyder?

Lamonster
01-13-2008, 01:59 PM
The mono shock on the Spyder looks awful close to the one on the M109. Do you think the Kewl Metal Air Ride system would work on the Spyder?

I'm sure it could be made to work no problem. :doorag:

Spyderman
01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Just don't know if it is worth spending the extra G!

matusky
01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Would an air ride system really make that much of a difference?

This would be on all 3 wheels right? or just the rear?

Mad Matt
01-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Kewlmetal is working on a system specifically for the Spyder.

-Matt ;D

Lamonster
01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Kewlmetal is working on a system specifically for the Spyder.

-Matt ;D

And when might we see this Kewl system? ;D :doorag:

Mad Matt
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I't wont take long since it's just an adaptation of existing parts already in production. We have a little experience setting up an air ride on an independent rear suspension trike, so that will help. The front end will have to be set up similar to that. We have alot of dirt roads around here and the Spyder is pretty ideal for that, you dont get the dust and gravel from the front tire hitting the radiator/motor like you do on a conventional trike, although the spyder does get stuck in the sand pretty easy ;D. I am anxious to see if I can raise it up an inch or so for the rougher roads, and then drop it down an inch on the pavement.

Matt

Lamonster
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I am anxious to see if I can raise it up an inch or so for the rougher roads, and then drop it down an inch on the pavement.

Matt

That would be Kewl. :doorag: I'm thinking about Sturgis on the Spyder this year. We should hook up. :bigthumbsup: