PDA

View Full Version : Accessories installed

billclemen
01-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Got the taller windshield, tank bag, and seat bag installed this afternoon. The tank bag, in my opinion, is best suited for notions, such as sunglasses, sunblocker, small flashlight, etc. Because of the crease in the "tank" I wasn't sure that regular tank bags for basically flat tanks would work as well. I didn't get the front tankbag bracket to fit over the rubber sealing flange. My tankbag installation instructions made no mention of the rubber sealing flange and it is not pictured in the instructions that came with the bag. Before trimming the rubber flange I thought I would wait and hear from others who might have completed the tankbag installation. How did your installation go for you? The rear of the tankbag is secured by a tab that slides underneath a trim piece. Actually a simple installation other than the rubber flange.
The rear seat bag appears to be well made, though it will not hold a full coverage helmet. There are other options for helmets, such as the front trunk (if empty), a padlock, or a bar end helmet lock.
The tall windshield puts the wind up higher, though there is still plenty of air circulating around for those hot days. The stock windshield has a curl in the upper lip that does a surprisingly good job. The touring windshield does not have this curl but uses additional height to direct the air even higher. I am 5'11'' with a 32 inch inseam and the wind seems to hit at about the top of my helmet. I have a luggage rack back ordered (very pricey), so I hope that the quality is really superb.

Lamonster
01-13-2008, 09:48 AM
:bigthumbsup:
:nopic:

If you send it to me I'll post it for you. :doorag:

matusky
01-19-2008, 10:13 AM
How easy is it to swap the windshield on the spyder? I have had a touring windshield as well as the stock one, on the way, I was kinda curious to know what kinda time that would take and how much has to come apart. I've never actually seen one in person to know for sure.

Lamonster
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
How easy is it to swap the windshield on the spyder? I have had a touring windshield as well as the stock one, on the way, I was kinda curious to know what kinda time that would take and how much has to come apart. I've never actually seen one in person to know for sure.

4 screws and it's off. :bigthumbsup:

matusky
01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
4 screws and it's off. :bigthumbsup:

Screamin'! Thanks!

Davien666
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi guys....while i'm waitin on hurricane faye to allow my spyder to ship out to me up here in CT. Im preparing for the speedy installation of the accessories that will be comin with it....Would someone be able to run me thru the procedure of remove and replace of the 1 inch riser I want to install first ? If its simple and safe i like to save a buck for sure.....i appreciate any help and nice meetin you all

Dave G. in CT