PDA

View Full Version : Old news...but it's my news about the ST

flamingobabe
09-24-2012, 09:15 PM
I was one of the Spyder riders that was asked to go to BRP Valcourt Research/Development last October to test ride the new ST model...now that the bikes have been unveiled...I have permission to talk about them

we rode RS...ST...RT...manual and SE5...it was about 45 to 50 degrees...and for this Texas girl it was cold...the RS had a tighter suspension than my RS...better shocks…no squeaky brakes….new brakes…the RT was like riding on a cloud..so easy...a completely different ride than my RS …it was too comfortable….RT is just not for me…it’s like sitting on a throne

but the ST…WOW!!! First off BRP showed us what the ST was going to look like … I fell in love with it…great fenders…front end more beefy…new brakes…new suspension…I loved it….then we go out to ride them…they are stripped down with those bras things on the fenders…mixed matched body parts…this is their disguise. The wind shield is adjustable and we stopped along the way to change position…easy fix….hand grips are heated…and that felt great….cruise control…I never really used that feature.. we were driving on curvey roads…..the foot brake was inside the floorboard…I found it OK, but everyone else seemed to have trouble with it…so now a section of the floorboard is cut out for the pedal….never felt any heat on the foot…but it would of felt good that day….handled great in the curves…we pushed them all we could..I fell in love with the ride

BRP had us fill out comparison charts and questions and we had a round table discussion…I feel BRP has listened to us Spyder riders and has a product that fits the middle road riders

The finished product looks a little different than it did back in October 2011…but in my opinion…it looks better…can’t wait to see, touch and ride one...wish they had top load bags

Any questions…I’m here

harrypottar
09-24-2012, 09:20 PM
:bowdown: The chosen one.

Thanks for the report, nice to know they spend some time and get real rider feed back. I'm really impressed with BRP.

with all the riding you do they should give you a long term ST to test.

harry

Kratos
09-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Can an ST be as aggressive as an RS? Can it keep up with an RS if both riders have equal skills and highly aggressive?

Tx web rider
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM
that explains the long trip you took a couple months ago

im guessing your going to order a new st

flamingobabe
09-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Kratos...the ST is more agressive than a RS...it is tighter...more stable in the corners...just feels quicker...it's the same engine...with an upgraded suspension

Tex web rider...the 2 month trip I took was for just my pleasure and to aquire the last of my 48 states...plus a family wedding in Washington

Kmort44
09-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Questions? Hell, I'm just happy to know ya! :bowdown:

flamingobabe
09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Questions? Hell, I'm just happy to know ya! :bowdown:

love y'all..

granpa in Cincy
09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Do they have a PINK one? :clap:

ARtraveler
09-24-2012, 11:32 PM
:congrats: on being chosen to be a test rider. That's pretty good stuff. Appreciate your review. :2thumbs:

pro10is
09-24-2012, 11:39 PM
BRP obviously choose their test pilots very well. With your incredible ryding experience I'm certain you provided excellent feedback. Thank you for representing us! :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
:2thumbs: that's awesome. So do you think you will be buying an ST?

Ga Blue Knight
09-25-2012, 04:58 AM
The real improvement is the suspension. It's amazing how a really good set up will make any bike seem faster and more competent. Good work BRP! Now make it back fit the 2011's and 2012's

Ivorspyder
09-25-2012, 05:58 AM
The real improvement is the suspension. It's amazing how a really good set up will make any bike seem faster and more competent. Good work BRP! Now make it back fit the 2011's and 2012's
:agree::thumbup:

Ivor:spyder:

Bob Denman
09-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Do they have a PINK one? :clap:
I'm thinking that if they don't, SHE will! :2thumbs:

How did you ever learn to keep a secret so well??? :shocked:

flamingobabe
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm thinking that if they don't, SHE will! :2thumbs:

How did you ever learn to keep a secret so well??? :shocked:

Bob...ever since BRP released Sunday night...it was hard...then I finally got permission....I was about to explode

Lamonster
09-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Bob...ever since BRP released Sunday night...it was hard...then I finally got permission....I was about to explode

Tell me about it. ;)

By the way I think it was colder than that.:shocked:

flamingobabe
09-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Tell me about it. ;)

By the way I think it was colder than that.:shocked:

going down the road...you can subtract about 15 degrees....45 to 50...becomes 30 to 35 degrees...it was cold!

the heated grip on the ST were the berries

Yazz
09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
That is so cool you got to test ride the new Spyders! Congrats :cheers:

45 - 50 degrees is cold for me too. Brrrrrrr... Hope you were bundled up...

Bob Denman
09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Sooo... what can't you tell us about their future plans??? :shocked: :roflblack:

zrc
09-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Kratos...the ST is more agressive than a RS...it is tighter...more stable in the corners...just feels quicker...it's the same engine...with an upgraded suspension

In an attempt to full appreciate the above statements, this comparison is to your personal RS or to this years RS? Not trying to split hairs I am just trying to get a handle on what is happening with the new suspension. I am very much looking forward to seeing what all is different under the hood, and changed with the suspension. While I doubt I am on the fast track to change anything I would like to see where the changes are to make the ability to attack the road different :)

flamingobabe
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
That is so cool you got to test ride the new Spyders! Congrats :cheers:

45 - 50 degrees is cold for me too. Brrrrrrr... Hope you were bundled up...

I looked like the Michelin Man...we needed a Gerbing plug-in

flamingobabe
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
In an attempt to full appreciate the above statements, this comparison is to your personal RS or to this years RS? Not trying to split hairs I am just trying to get a handle on what is happening with the new suspension. I am very much looking forward to seeing what all is different under the hood, and changed with the suspension. While I doubt I am on the fast track to change anything I would like to see where the changes are to make the ability to attack the road different :)

The RS that I rode in Quebec..BRP..

zrc
09-25-2012, 09:52 AM
The RS that I rode in Quebec..BRP..

Interesting, so overall you felt like the ST was the most aggressive feel in the curves even against the new RS / RSS. Good information to have :)

Thanks

granpa in Cincy
09-25-2012, 10:14 AM

Did HG get to ride too?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
:bowdown: The chosen one.

Thanks for the report, nice to know they spend some time and get real rider feed back. I'm really impressed with BRP.

with all the riding you do they should give you a long term ST to test.

harry

Loan her one :yikes:...Not only should they give her one....they should "NAME ONE" after her and paint it PINK..:2excited: :agree: :bowdown: :firstplace: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Mike

hotglue
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Did HG get to ride too?
I wasn't invited...LOL

Bob Denman
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
:gaah::gaah: You should get a chance for next year's bikes then! :2thumbs:

Sarge707
09-25-2012, 12:14 PM
BRP Deserves a World of Credit for the New and improved products!!!
The ST sounds fantastic for New Purchasers and Old alike!!
If they didn,t give me a $17,000 RT (Rebate Thanks) I would trade my GS for the ST BUT
for about 3 Thousand More I will have both!!
BRP is always at the Top of their game and they could have just changes colors???

Only thing I see bad is having to pay $22,900 for the New Base RT because its like the Old A & C and not everyone wants or needs the stereo????:lecturef_smilie:

SpyderSteve
09-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I was one of the Spyder riders that was asked to go to BRP Valcourt Research/Development last October to test ride the new ST model...now that the bikes have been unveiled...I have permission to talk about them

we rode RS...ST...RT...manual and SE5...it was about 45 to 50 degrees...and for this Texas girl it was cold...the RS had a tighter suspension than my RS...better shocks…no squeaky brakes….new brakes…the RT was like riding on a cloud..so easy...a completely different ride than my RS …it was too comfortable….RT is just not for me…it’s like sitting on a throne

but the ST…WOW!!! First off BRP showed us what the ST was going to look like … I fell in love with it…great fenders…front end more beefy…new brakes…new suspension…I loved it….then we go out to ride them…they are stripped down with those bras things on the fenders…mixed matched body parts…this is their disguise. The wind shield is adjustable and we stopped along the way to change position…easy fix….hand grips are heated…and that felt great….cruise control…I never really used that feature.. we were driving on curvey roads…..the foot brake was inside the floorboard…I found it OK, but everyone else seemed to have trouble with it…so now a section of the floorboard is cut out for the pedal….never felt any heat on the foot…but it would of felt good that day….handled great in the curves…we pushed them all we could..I fell in love with the ride

BRP had us fill out comparison charts and questions and we had a round table discussion…I feel BRP has listened to us Spyder riders and has a product that fits the middle road riders

The finished product looks a little different than it did back in October 2011…but in my opinion…it looks better…can’t wait to see, touch and ride one...wish they had top load bags

Any questions…I’m here I was another one of the lucky ones to test the new Spyders with Lamont and Flaminobabe, I can't really say anything else about the ST that Flaminobabe has not covered except that i was one of the people that had trouble with the brake pedal and i loved the heated grips ( i agree with Lamont it was cold!) And that i got to go back to Valcourt in June to do a second ride with Faran,I believe Brp listened to every complement and complaint ( i had a few) that i had with my 09 gs and the new St but i believe the BRP has a winner with this :clap: