PDA

View Full Version : Gone to the Dark Side

GA-SPYDER
09-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Well folks, Have been the proud owner of the '08 GS for over 4 years, made lots of mods, went on lots of great rides, met lots of folks (still got questions at gas stations, etc.), but, it was time for a change. Traded it on Saturday (got Blue Book $8300.00) for a 2013 Road Glide Custom. Haven't owned a Harley since 1986. This was my 59th Birthday present from the wife (GREAT wife). In four short years, the Spyder has become as much of a following/cult as the H-D. A huge amount of the credit goes to Lamont. I was glad to meet you, of all places, at Deals Gap, Motorcycle Mecca. You have done this croud great justice.

Let the modifications begin!

Carl Patton

Yol Bolsun
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Well folks, Have been the proud owner of the '08 GS for over 4 years, made lots of mods, went on lots of great rides, met lots of folks (still got questions at gas stations, etc.), but, it was time for a change. Traded it on Saturday (got Blue Book $8300.00) for a 2013 Road Glide Custom. Haven't owned a Harley since 1986. This was my 59th Birthday present from the wife (GREAT wife). In four short years, the Spyder has become as much of a following/cult as the H-D. A huge amount of the credit goes to Lamont. I was glad to meet you, of all places, at Deals Gap, Motorcycle Mecca. You have done this croud great justice.

Let the modifications begin!

Carl Patton

Sorry to see Spyder out the door but welcome to join GSR any time. Keep an eye on the forum.

Dark Side? I don't think so, only important THAT you ride.

Big Arm
09-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Enjoyed reading your post in the past......don't be a strange around here.

Bob Denman
09-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Happy Birthday! :thumbup:
You're gonna have to stop by with some pics of your new ride... Maybe we can even help with some of the farkling; they do that to Harleys too I think! :roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
happy birthday....Ride safe...Mike

GA-SPYDER
09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Happy Birthday! :thumbup:
You're gonna have to stop by with some pics of your new ride... Maybe we can even help with some of the farkling; they do that to Harleys too I think! :roflblack:
I borrowed this one from H-D site, but, this is it. Color is Candy orange, same as pict. Takes on different shades in different light. Looks red in the garage.

Lamonster
09-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Nice bike Bro :thumbup: Glad to have you with us the time we did. Say hey if you see me at one of the hangouts. :doorag:

Spydman
09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
very nice looking bike. i'm sure your going to really enjoy it. i have a 2007 softail heritage and 2012 rt limited spyder. i haven't ridden the hd since june when i bought the spyder but plan on getting it out soon. ride safe and ride often. :yes::yes:

bruiser
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Great color. Nice birthday present. Maybe my wife will buy me a new Victory for my 63rd. :roflblack:

Tigger
09-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Congrats on the new scoot. I enjoy riding both. Jump on spyder for quick rides Cross town. Great color.

ARtraveler
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. and Happy Birthday. That's what I call a present. :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
09-25-2012, 06:54 AM
this is it. Color is Candy orange, same as pict. Takes on different shades in different light. Looks red in the garage.

Pretty nice!! :2thumbs:

napper39
09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
real nice i wanted the road glide too but at the time didnt have the extra funds so i got the fat bob,but when i trade my rs in for a rt soon,then i will try to trade my bob in for a road glide.luckey you,have fun and ride like the wind.:thumbup: