PDA

View Full Version : Almost missed Breakfast yesterday!!!

shelbydave
09-24-2012, 07:57 AM
So yesterday, we went down to our regular spot for breakfast. We pulled in to a parking spot next to a Harley, and beside them was a Harley trike. As we were pulling in, the trike was heading out, and the couple on the 2-wheeler had just finished talking with them... Next thing we know, He's coming over our way, asking questions, and absolutely loves the Spyder! He asked me about the handling, since he took one for a demo ride back in May, and felt like the steering was touchy... I recalled my first ride home with ours, and asked him a few questions, to which he confirmed, I then explained to him what was told to me a few months ago..."lighten up on the grip, and let the bike do the work"... He was in a bit of disbelief I think, but we talked for quite some time. Then another woman came over to talk. She had actually built a Yamaha trike! Folks were asking if they could sit on it, and wanting to see the features. Paul and Janet (PaulBrinker on here) were coming out... They already got to eat.. :), so we were showing the differences between their Limited, and our A&C. We spent quite some time out in the parking lot, and most of the conversation revolved around the Spyder! By the time we broke free to go inside, it was almost time to order off the lunch menu! :shocked: One of the things that stuck in my mind was that he told me that he wished he could have spoken with someone like me at the time of his test ride... He would probably own one! His major concern was the feeling in the steering, and the dealer / salesmen didn't really have anything to offer. It's kinda too bad that they don't take the time to learn about their products... They may sell more if they did!

Bob Denman
09-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Isn't it fun being a Rock Star?? ;)
We're finding out more and more that all of us know way more about these bikes than the folks who actually sell them! :shocked:

Jeriatric
09-24-2012, 08:16 AM
So yesterday, we went down to our regular spot for breakfast. We pulled in to a parking spot next to a Harley, and beside them was a Harley trike. As we were pulling in, the trike was heading out, and the couple on the 2-wheeler had just finished talking with them... Next thing we know, He's coming over our way, asking questions, and absolutely loves the Spyder! He asked me about the handling, since he took one for a demo ride back in May, and felt like the steering was touchy... I recalled my first ride home with ours, and asked him a few questions, to which he confirmed, I then explained to him what was told to me a few months ago..."lighten up on the grip, and let the bike do the work"... He was in a bit of disbelief I think, but we talked for quite some time. Then another woman came over to talk. She had actually built a Yamaha trike! Folks were asking if they could sit on it, and wanting to see the features. Paul and Janet (PaulBrinker on here) were coming out... They already got to eat.. , so we were showing the differences between their Limited, and our A&C. We spent quite some time out in the parking lot, and most of the conversation revolved around the Spyder! By the time we broke free to go inside, it was almost time to order off the lunch menu! One of the things that stuck in my mind was that he told me that he wished he could have spoken with someone like me at the time of his test ride... He would probably own one! His major concern was the feeling in the steering, and the dealer / salesmen didn't really have anything to offer. It's kinda too bad that they don't take the time to learn about their products... They may sell more if they did!

If I were your dealer, you would carry business referral cards and each time a referral resulted in a sale YOU would be given some sort of perk. One sale = X / 5 sales = XX, and so on.

Captain Fin
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Isn't it fun being a Rock Star?? ;)
We're finding out more and more that all of us know way more about these bikes than the folks who actually sell them! :shocked:
I agree. Since I live and work at a resort that sees on the average 500 bikes per week, my spyder takes center stage. My spyder is parked alone under a tiki at the entrance to the resort. A lot of people think BRP has the spyder on display here. Of the 500 bikes thru here per week, most all are Harleys, and it is rare indeed to see another spyder. I do my best to be honest and promote the spyder. My spyder is performing great now and at over 7000 miles. As You know I had the alignment issue, but BRP solved the issue along with Riva, in south Miami.

Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut

NoJive
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I promote the Spyder whenever I can, which is just about anywhere I park! This board though, is a fantastic resource for new riders. I'm wondering how many dealers know about it, and mention it to customers? I know I always point out my spyderlovers.com decal to anyone I am talking to.

d.o.spyder-rts
09-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I promote the Spyder whenever I can, which is just about anywhere I park! This board though, is a fantastic resource for new riders. I'm wondering how many dealers know about it, and mention it to customers? I know I always point out my spyderlovers.com decal to anyone I am talking to.

My dealer knows about the site, he was the one who told me about it. Dale

SpyderAnn01
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
A few weeks I was in Kansas City with my husband for a VRod rally. Along with me was another Spyder RT and a Spyder RS when we pulled into the parking lot at the Harley factory on Open House Day. We were parked behind a Spyder RT Limited so we had just about all of the models displayed. Us girls had no desire to partake of the Harley festivities so we sat on our Spyders and chatted. We wound up spending most of our time selling Spyders and explaining the differences between the A&C, RTS and Limited models to interested people. It was fun and I think we helped several people make the decision to take the next step and go for a test drive.