PDA

View Full Version : So, how soon can I

SpyderRx
09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Get one of those ST windshields for my RS and wonder if it will fit

jvicker
09-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Highly doubt it. Won't sell too many ST's if your able to sell the windshield upgrade as an add on to the RS. Would be nice though.

Smokinspyder
09-23-2012, 09:51 PM
I am sure with a little time someone can come up with if it will or how to do it . if the shrouds are the same or mount the same to the spyder im sure it could just be a matter of a swap . But not having seen the new ST only Lamont would probably be able to answer .

pro10is
09-24-2012, 12:17 AM
If they didn't change the chassis then the new parts could conceivably bolt on. If you look closely at the 2013 RS and the ST they look the same in that area except for the cowl and windshield and the 2013 RS looks the same as the 2012 RS except for the larger wheels/tires, new fenders, muffler, and a few other refinements. I certainly don't expect BRP to offer a kit but they would sell the individual parts. However the parts would probably cost around $2K.

Bob Denman
09-24-2012, 07:11 AM
...New Chassis...
That top hunk that holds the lights looks bigger...
It looks to my untrained eye that it'd take a larger check and a trade-in to get that windshield... :thumbup:

SpyderRx
09-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it looks like about a $1,000 option. I'm trying to eliminate exhaust fumes caused by backdraft with side wind deflectors. Not crazy about the way the madstad looks, so think I'm gonna go with the calsci windshield to see if the vent will relieve the back pressure. Have the BRP touring now. Anybody else use the calsci with wind deflectors on an RS?