PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Radio Volume Control

Plyrod38
09-22-2012, 07:11 PM
I went into the audio control mode and tried to turn on the "Automatic Volume Control. I get an indication of Auto Volume Control OFF. I have been unable to figure out how to turn it "ON". I've searched the owners manual and pushed alot of buttons, No sucess.
Does anyone know how to activate this?
It's embarrassing pulling into the gas stations with the radio blaring.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

sdericks
09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Go to the Preferences screen then select Audio. The settings for the AVC is under the Audio sub menus. There are four levels to select from.

samewok
09-22-2012, 07:34 PM
It is in the manual.

Plyrod38
09-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the input.
I have the 2012 RT manual open to page 36 and it states states: " This is controlled by the automatic volume control setting in the Prefences Screen".
I can't get it to come to the ON position. What do I need to do to to turn it on? What am I missing? Could I be in the wrong section of the manual?
Do you think I may have a defective switch?

I know, lots of questions. The people on ths forum have the answer.

Thanks Again,
Bill

NancysToy
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Scroll to the right with the multi-function control, then hightight the selection you want with the up/down buttons. It will stay set to whatever is highlighted when you exit.

Plyrod38
09-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks Professor,

I'll try it again in the morning. Maybe something will reset itself.
I wasn't offered an option to highlight the "ON" selection.

Thanks Again,
Bill

NancysToy
09-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks Professor,

I'll try it again in the morning. Maybe something will reset itself.
I wasn't offered an option to highlight the "ON" selection.

Thanks Again,
Bill
You have to scroll over to that column, and one selection will be highlighted automatically. Move the highlight to your selection, and you are in business. The left/right and up/down buttons move the highlight from column to column and item to item. BTW, there is no "ON" selection, just OFF, LOW, MED, & HI. Some owners have been having the setting reset after turning the ignition off, possibly as a result of the most recent firmware update. If you have that problem, report it to your dealer.