PDA

View Full Version : How much Deposit?

silentrider
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Guys and gals,I've been checking out the Spyder and was wondering what was a standard or required amount for a deposit?

I was at North Jax motor sports today and got the chance to sit on a Gray and Black spyder ;D Pretty Cool ride :bigthumbsup: this one was sold :( but at least i got to see one without going to Tampa LOL

They said the going Price was $14,9?? But they wouldn't have another one till September ::)

I got kinda aggravated with one of the sales guys cause he told me the spyder was 11,9?? I said No way!!! then another sales guy said 14,9?? I told him thats what I had hear from the 109 Site :bigthumbsup: I told him the other guy was selling them for 11,9?? LOL he just shock his head LOL

So what are you guys and gals Putting down for a deposit for those of ya that don't mind tellin :bigthumbsup: Thanks silentrider

jebkaylor
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
The list price is now $15,499 for silver color add $300 for yellow.After freight ,set-up , and taxes Ipaid $18,000 in southern ca.

silentrider
01-07-2008, 08:59 PM
The list price is now $15,499 for silver color add $300 for yellow.After freight ,set-up , and taxes Ipaid $18,000 in southern ca.

Thats what I had heard also $15,499,But this guy at "North Jax motor sports" in Jacksonville quoted me a price of $14,9?? The first guy was a parts guy so he didn't know squat about sales ;D

So say I want to put down a deposit ,what is a respectable amount to get your spyder On it's way???

jebkaylor
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Three dealers that I talked to befor ording all asked for $1000 deposit.So far the spyder is well worth the price paid.

silentrider
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Three dealers that I talked to befor ording all asked for $1000 deposit.So far the spyder is well worth the price paid.

Thanks Bro thats what I was wanting to know thats Reasonable :bigthumbsup:
say for some reason the deal falls through :'( Is the deposit refundable?

jebkaylor
01-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I think the refund on deposit depends on what state you live in. Ask Dealer?

Spyderman
01-07-2008, 09:36 PM
You were at the dealer and didn't ask how much deposit required to order one?

silentrider
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
You were at the dealer and didn't ask how much deposit required to order one?

I get your point but those Dummy's didn't even know what they were selling for ::) I ask him when they would have another one he said september,When he said that i Kinda Lost hope but i guess if ya want one you have to put down the deposit and play the waiting game :(

I been reading more and more on them and started wondering how much deposit it would take to get it coming My way so I Posted here were else should i ask other than a spyder site ;D

I Just wanted to know what others had put down to have a Ball park figure as to what is a reasonable Deposit!

jebkaylor
01-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Check with more than one dealer for pricing.I put my deposit down in Oct for March delivery , but on Dec 17th another dealer I had called called to say that they had two available. I called the dealer that had my deposit to get a refund and buy from the other dealer and suddenly my dealer had a cancelation and I received mine on Dec. 17th.

Lamonster
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Nothing better than a 109 and a Spyder Bro. ;D :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

silentrider
01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Check with more than one dealer for pricing.I put my deposit down in Oct for March delivery , but on Dec 17th another dealer I had called called to say that they had two available. I called the dealer that had my deposit to get a refund and buy from the other dealer and suddenly my dealer had a cancelation and I received mine on Dec. 17th.

Thanks Bro sounds Like Good advise :bigthumbsup: Thats one reason I was asking if the deposit was refundable cause i have found better deals before after putting down deposits :bigthumbsup:

Only thing on my mind right now is i wonder if there gonna come out with New colors ? any body hear of a color change in the near future??? if not then it will Prolly Be yellow and black i looked at that silver one and it just didn't POP to me :doorag:

and That North Jax Motor sports is the first dealer i seen that had a Spyder,In my area :( Lamont went to Tampa for his I believe! I Live In Yulee Florida Just north of Jacksonville Florida!

silentrider
01-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Nothing better than a 109 and a Spyder Bro. ;D :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

Looks Like i might find out for myself LOL ;D :bigthumbsup:

How do the Spyders compair to motorcycles far as insurance? Thats one reason i got rid of my GSXR even with a Perfect Record they wanted $1250 a Year :(

shoot Now i'm only paying $337 a year for the 109 and Super Moto :bigthumbsup:

Director
01-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks Bro sounds Like Good advise :bigthumbsup: Thats one reason I was asking if the deposit was refundable cause i have found better deals before after putting down deposits :bigthumbsup:

Only thing on my mind right now is i wonder if there gonna come out with New colors ? any body hear of a color change in the near future??? if not then it will Prolly Be yellow and black i looked at that silver one and it just didn't POP to me :doorag:

and That North Jax Motor sports is the first dealer i seen that had a Spyder,In my area :( Lamont went to Tampa for his I believe! I Live In Yulee Florida Just north of Jacksonville Florida!

BRP is going to be making an announcement in late February. There has been a lot of speculation that this will involve unveiling plans for the touring-model Spyder, and there may be other color options announced as well. I am anxious to see what they come up with too, although I am personally kind of sold on the yellow and black combo. ;D

Lamonster
01-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Looks Like i might find out for myself LOL ;D :bigthumbsup:

How do the Spyders compair to motorcycles far as insurance? Thats one reason i got rid of my GSXR even with a Perfect Record they wanted $1250 a Year :(

shoot Now i'm only paying $337 a year for the 109 and Super Moto :bigthumbsup:

I'm paying about $50 a month with State Farm. That was pretty much the same as the last three bike I had with them, I figured it would be a lot more seeing I have 9 points right now. :'(

silentrider
01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks Lamont :doorag:

I have to go Pay my Insurance premium so while I'm there I'll get her to give Me the exact Numbers :bigthumbsup:
Thats what I need to do anyway but I was just wondering How the spyders compaired far as Insurance,Like 109's compaired to Basa's ;D 109 Practical basa Not so practical,sounds like the spyders will fall in line with 109's far as insurance rates go I'll find out for sure when I go see the Insurance lady :-* ;D Thanks for the feed back :doorag:

Looks Like I got two Dealers in my area One By I-295 "North Jax power Sports" and one over on Atlantic ave also a Power sports Dealer :bigthumbsup: Guess I'll half to start a fight between the two LOL to get the best price ;D :doorag:

Star Cruiser
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey Guys and gals,I've been checking out the Spyder and was wondering what was a standard or required amount for a deposit?

I was at North Jax motor sports today and got the chance to sit on a Gray and Black spyder ;D Pretty Cool ride :bigthumbsup: this one was sold :( but at least i got to see one without going to Tampa LOL

They said the going Price was $14,9?? But they wouldn't have another one till September ::)

I got kinda aggravated with one of the sales guys cause he told me the spyder was 11,9?? I said No way!!! then another sales guy said 14,9?? I told him thats what I had hear from the 109 Site :bigthumbsup: I told him the other guy was selling them for 11,9?? LOL he just shock his head LOL

So what are you guys and gals Putting down for a deposit for those of ya that don't mind tellin :bigthumbsup: Thanks silentrider

I put $1000 down as well. The list price in Canada for the SE5 is $19,999. $18,500 for the Manual model. Hmmm made in Canada and they cost more here..what gives? BUT I STILL WANT ONE ANYWAY !!

matusky
01-12-2008, 12:15 AM
My dealer took a $1,500 deposit back in September for May 08 delivery...... I keep seeing $1,000 all over the place.....

I was told that $1k goes to BRP to place the order and the dealer holds on to the other $500 till delivery then it just gets applied????????? What gives? Did I get stiffed?

Lamonster
01-12-2008, 09:57 AM
My dealer took a $1,500 deposit back in September for May 08 delivery...... I keep seeing $1,000 all over the place.....

I was told that $1k goes to BRP to place the order and the dealer holds on to the other $500 till delivery then it just gets applied????????? What gives? Did I get stiffed?

I wouldn't say you got stiffed, just sounds like the dealer want's some of his up front. ::)

Director
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't say you got stiffed, just sounds like the dealer want's some of his up front. ::)

:agree: Just think of it as $500 less that you will have to come up with when your Spyder is delivered. :bigthumbsup:

matusky
01-12-2008, 11:14 AM
true.... would have been nice to get some interest on that to go towards it though, since they're basically going to be holding on to that for me for the better part of a year......

good point on not having to come up with the other 500 at delivery, lol

One thing about waiting I guess is to be able to come up with more of a down payment before I go to pick it up!

2faston3
01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Matusky:

I guess the $150 riding jacket is about 15% for your $1000 down...

Just sayin

2faston3

matusky
01-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Yet another way to look at it :bigthumbsup:

What sucks is that I keep reading on here that different people have put down a deposit in Oct/Nov and they took delivery last month!........ I would think that it would be worth the little extra hassle to make sure that who buys first, gets first, you know? since they actually send the $1k deposit right to BRP when you order one...... if they have the paperwork setup to keep track of the money, you'd think having a VIN on the same paperwork wouldn't be so much of an issue?

aubierules
01-15-2008, 08:37 AM
1,000 for me...Pensacola Motor sports

wildwillie
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
The dealer gouged you $500.00 on your deposit,and I can asure you they will find a way to screw you out of it.

aubierules
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
they cant screw me out of it...Its a legal contract, if they deliver before the last day of september, then i either lose it if i back out or its put towards the total. if i back out b4 then, i lose it period...;No way to get screwed there

matusky
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
they cant screw me out of it...Its a legal contract, if they deliver before the last day of september, then i either lose it if i back out or its put towards the total. if i back out b4 then, i lose it period...;No way to get screwed there

Aubie.... wildwillie is talking about me, I put down $1,500........... it's listed on my bill of sale as money paid in....

It seems that everyone on this forum got away with $1,000 as their deposit.......... I was just thinking I'd rather have the extra $500 getting me 5% interest right now instead of sitting in the dealers pocket earning me nothing........ nevermind the $1k down which everyone paid.

Derwin
01-16-2008, 03:48 AM
My dealer wanted $2,000 as a deposit! I told him that everybody on this site ONLY paid $1,000, and that I would not order if I had to put more than that up. Well, he finally caved-in and accepted my $1,000 deposit. But he never mentioned anything about a Spyder Jacket. Should I be getting a jacket in this deal? Please let me know. Thanks.

Derwin

aubierules
01-16-2008, 09:01 AM
[quote=matusky ]
Aubie.... wildwillie is talking about me, I put down $1,500........... it's listed on my bill of sale as money paid in....

ok...guess i better drink some more coffee! i thought it was aimed at me ::) ;D

matusky
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
[quote=matusky ]

ok...guess i better drink some more coffee! i thought it was aimed at me ::) ;D

Ah, no worries man, September is your delivery time? Did you get the SE5?

wildwillie
01-18-2008, 09:24 AM
aubie: I was just saying that these dealers that gouge people will take what extra money they get and tact it on dealer prep in some kind of BS charge they come up with, unless you question every thing you see on the bill and make them justified it. I think the thing to is tell your salesman not to uncrate it till you get there and watch everything they do and watch the clock.wildwillie :bigthumbsup: