PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar Risers

major911
09-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm looking to install Risers on my spyder but i'm debating the 4.5" easy risers vs the 4" standard riser. Besides the 1/2 difference in length and $100 in price. The standard are made of billet aluminum and the easy are made from cast. Not being an expert on aluminum products I'm assuming the billet is stronger. my question is has anyone using the easy risers has any problems or breakage?

bill pitman
09-22-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't know about billet vs cast , but I would carefully check
whether you will have enough cable for the extension.
I put 4" risers on my RS and things were OK. Don't know if that 1/2" more will cause a problem.

Others may speak up.

Bill

napper39
09-22-2012, 10:51 AM
i got the easy and saved the money and there just fine and i know they sold over 100 of them and never heard any trouble with them.yes theres enough wire you got to cut tyes that hold themunder your insterment cluster.:thumbup::2thumbs:

mrb
09-22-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm looking to install Risers on my spyder but i'm debating the 4.5" easy risers vs the 4" standard riser. Besides the 1/2 difference in length and $100 in price. The standard are made of billet aluminum and the easy are made from cast. Not being an expert on aluminum products I'm assuming the billet is stronger. my question is has anyone using the easy risers has any problems or breakage?

As long as you don't have the optional 1" BRP riser the 4.5" Ezy Risers should fit fine. If you don't have enough cable length then you have not found all te cable ties to snip :).

These are much cheaper than the billet ones and they are in my opinion more adjustable in that they allow more rotation (let the bars come back more not just up) than the billet ones.

Frank G
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I installed the 4" risers "Loveem" 2 things #1 removing the cable ties to release the cables was not easy, If i did it again I would remove the frunk, at the same time install the power outlet and a antisway bar. #2 Before you cut the bars, you may want to leave enough length to install "Ram Mounts" for the GPS, Phone, Beverage etc. not many other options for assessory mounts. Good Luck:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

boborgera
10-02-2012, 02:11 PM
There's enough cable if you find and cut all the zip ties,
Some of the ties are hard to find. They vary in placement from each Spyder.

CWilber
10-07-2012, 09:37 AM
When I added the risers I found that my hands were in the middle of the mirrors so I added the mirror extensions and life is good again.

noboot
10-08-2012, 04:37 AM
I have both the 1" BRP riser plus the 4.5" easy Risers and find it great. I installed the extra length cables from Kewlmetal and all works fine. Seating position with the bars is good and comfortable. OH!! I also installed the Mirror extensions.

Motorcycledave
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I just had the dealer install the Heli Bar riser unit on my Spyder that already had the BRP 1 in. riser on it
I had them do it because had read many conflicting posts on this and other forums saying the wires & cables
are to short to do that... I figured if they do it and screw up something they will have to eat it...
The difference is unbelievable.. much easier on the shoulders, arms, wrists & back cost is high but in the end
it is worth it and it looks nearly stock. I have Heli Bars on my ST1100 & ST1300 and the result was the same.
Dave
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I have both the 1" BRP riser plus the 4.5" easy Risers and find it great. I installed the extra length cables from Kewlmetal and all works fine. Seating position with the bars is good and comfortable. OH!! I also installed the Mirror extensions.

Black Pig
10-13-2012, 05:26 AM
OOh good stuff this, I have just scored the BRP 1" riser off the bay, but despite the instructions, I can't figure out how to get the steering cover thing off.

:dontknow:

Any help or advice out there?

OH PS anyone got links for these other types of riser?

coz
10-13-2012, 10:31 AM
you access the bolts from underneath the bar cover. it's a p.i.a.
the 1" riser isn't much help anyway, but if you must, use a small mirror to see the bolt heads under the cover. there's 6 or eight bolts, then two more little bolt that hold the ign. switch to the cover. a 1/4 socket set works well, it's a tight space. you may or may not need a puller to remove the stock block. i grabbed mine with my left hand pulling up, and tapped the splined shaft once with a hammer and it popped right off.
the easy way out is to leave it alone and buy aftermarket risers. good luck with it.:thumbup:

Black Pig
10-15-2012, 04:35 AM
Nuts to that then, aftermarket ones it is.

BRP riser anyone?