PDA

View Full Version : trunk light

jcoker
09-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Anyone know of a light for the rear cargo area? I've tried a couple of stick on lights but they never survive a ride

Arr MiHardies
09-22-2012, 03:03 AM
Anyone know of a light for the rear cargo area? I've tried a couple of stick on lights but they never survive a ride

You could wire an led strip from tricled into your running lights. Your bike would have to be on for them to be on, but that way you don't kill your battery.

eddieshep999
09-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Ref rear trunk light - try this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34590-Easy-rear-trunk-light

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

Bob Denman
09-22-2012, 06:21 AM
YOu could catch the hot lead that goes to the power plug in the RT's trunk and grab some juice from there for a light...

Ga Blue Knight
09-22-2012, 06:35 AM
I got one of those small flashlights that stick into a 12 volt adapter and stuck it into the trunks 12 volt adapter.

2 Cruysyn
09-22-2012, 06:38 AM

A strip of LED's attached to the under side of the forward edge of the trunk places them out of the way and at a good angle to light up the trunk. A mercury switch between the halves of the trunk lid controls on/off when the lid is open/closed. Power from the back side of the outlet (DC3 and DC4, fuse 9 in the frunk) is a handy place to get it from.

5-0 spyder
09-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I bought stick on LED puck lights at Home Depot. They are very bright, come with their own batteries and aren't expensive. I originally bought them to use in a display case in the house. I have had it in my trunk for a few weeks now and have been on a few rides along unpaved graded streets and haven't had a problem. It sticks well.

JJW SpyderRider
09-22-2012, 10:31 AM
I installed a white super bright LED strip to the recessed area of the lid so that it points down with the lid open. The LED strip came with a momentary switch I mounted nexted to the strip and a battery pack that I mounted between the outside and inside lids. When the bartteries wear out I will tap off the 12v outlet. These lights are from Autozone for less than $15 and work great.

cjackg
09-22-2012, 10:47 AM
This one is a simple LED strip with switch and lights up the whole area at night.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47746&d=1339633522

MarkLawson
09-22-2012, 11:30 AM
No no no... You have to think 'multi-task'.

This is what you do, get one of those LED lights that has the elastic headband that allows you to work with both hands while shining the light where you need it buy aiming it with your head. Super glue some Velcro on the trunk lid and use Velcro strips to hold the light in place. When needed, turn it on and pivot down to shine in your trunk. You can also easily pull it off the Velcro and use it elsewhere.

See my pic here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1325&attachmentid=26998

mtdoragary
08-31-2014, 06:32 PM
I got one of those small flashlights that stick into a 12 volt adapter and stuck it into the trunks 12 volt adapter.

GREAT IDEA!