PDA

View Full Version : Rediculous Price of New SE Transmission Filter

ulflyer
09-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Stopped by a dealer yesterday and inquired about price of the new longer transmission filter now that I have one and the new long cap installed. Parts man showed me the fiche parts list: he had in stock the filter kit (PN219800258) for $7.85 which included Cap, Filter, O ring, but did not have any individual filters yet and when they do get them (PN420256454) the price will be a whopping $17 and change!!!!

Hopefully HiFlo will come up with their version soon.

billybovine
09-21-2012, 10:18 AM
On Monday I tried to buy a new filter at the dealer. They had the kits but no separate filter. The parts person even showed me on the screen when she tries to order the filter she gets redirected to the kit.

ulflyer
09-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Doc, $7.85 includes the kit with cap and O riing which I assumed was free when first installed. I expected that to be the price of the filter alone; however, the parts guy showed me the PN for just the filter and BRP price was $17 and change. However, they don't yet have any other than the kits. So if you want a filter, you get the whole kit which includes a new O ring. Not a bad deal but it sure seems wasteful on BRP's part.

Edited: Doc, Just checked the fiche you mentioned, put in both PN's and they both came up with same price. Maybe what my dealer had listed for $17+ was incorrect...hope so anyway.