PDA

View Full Version : Keep your eyes peeled!!!!

smurfette
09-20-2012, 04:45 PM
:mad: My ryde is a 2010 RT-A (with farkles). While checking the oil the other day, I noticed that the clamp going from the reservoir to the engine was loose. I went to go remove it and replace it with a heavy duty clamp, and with only a light pressure from my hands, the old clamp :cus: snapped in two pieces!!!!!! On the bright part, I didn't have to remove any tupperware except for the usual panel to check the oil to do the repair. Just wanted to give my Spyder family a heads up so a minor issue doesn't turn into a major one! And, yes, I intend on sending BRP a friendly e-mail to perhaps suggest that they switch over to either a heavier duty or better designed clamp. OH YEAH!!!!! It was a blast wrenching on my Spyder, just wish there was a maintenance course I could take for them, love working on the bikes!!

Bob Denman
09-20-2012, 05:02 PM
That's the spirit!! :2thumbs: :firstplace:
If you like working on them... My garage has two things; a Spyder, and an owner who's afraid to pull the trigger on the wrenching stuff... :opps: :D

JCSMOKE
09-20-2012, 09:38 PM
That's the spirit!! :2thumbs: :firstplace:
If you like working on them... My garage has two things; a Spyder, and an owner who's afraid to pull the trigger on the wrenching stuff... :opps: :D
Oh come on.. what could possibly go wrong?
Oh it's you Bob, didn't see the poster, sorry carry on.

Cruzr Joe
09-20-2012, 09:42 PM
JC

DO NOT ENCOURAGE BOB, please please please

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Bob Denman
09-21-2012, 06:38 AM
If something's pretty easy; I'll tackle it...
If it ain't important...ditto!
But this bike intimidates me... :shocked: I'm really still trying to screw my courage on tight enough for oil changes; but it just isn't coming to me! :gaah: