PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Meeting in or around Maggie Valley after March?

Lamonster
01-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Looks like a bunch of you will be getting your Spyder's in March and I was thinking that we could have a meet sometime in April, May or even June. There's a meet setup now for Gatlinberg at the end of Sept. but I'm thinking some of us might want to get together sooner than that.

I know the area pretty good and there are some great rides and things to see and do in Maggie Valley. The owner of Wheels Trough Time is a friend of mine and I think I can get him to setup our own private BBQ at his place.
http://wheelsthroughtime.com

If you've never been there it is well worth the trip just to see the colection that Dale has. I brought a group of VTX guys there one week and a group of 109 guys there another week and they all loved it.

From there we are about 70 miles to the store at Deals Gap http://www.tailofthedragon.com
and there's a ton of good riding all around that area. You can run to Pigion Forge or Gatlinburg or even Asheville all within a 100 miles or so.

If you guys think you would be up for this lets pick a date and start putting it together. Let me know if this is something you SpyderLovers would be up for. :doorag:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/dragonloop.gif

hevnbound
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I vote for middle of June. School's out. Weather is good.

Would love to see a three-day event (Fri - Sunday) .. arriving on Thursday evening and Friday. Thursday would be the day to do the Gap .. or, Friday early. Stay away on Saturday!!!!! ::)

For accomodations, I really love the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC (www.ironhorsenc.com). They have plenty of camping and cabins. A great lodge, meals, movies, pool tables, bonfire at night .. you name it. Plus .. Charlene and John are two of the nicest people you will ever want to meet. Only problem is - a decision would have to be made early since they book up fast. Robbinsville has some great motorcycle friendly motels; Microtel, Phillips Motel and, the "Two Wheel Inn" .... Don't know if the garages would fit the Spyder or not?? Check it out .... http://www.twowheelinn.com/

Robbinsville and Stecoah are convenient to the Gap and Cherohala Skyway. I also ride the area often and there are in my opinion far better roads than the Gap. Of course .. if you've never been to the Gap (Slayed the Dragon), it is a must do. One of my favorites is Wayah Road and the section of Hwy 28 between Lauada and Franklin. Just south of Sylva there is a very little known road that is sure to please. Maggie Valley, Cherokee, etc. are all good but I'm not big on the congested tourist areas. The Wheels of Time is also a MUST DO!! There are all kinds of waterfalls in the area and some of the greatest riding in the country.

Sorry to ramble but as you can tell .... Lamont pushed my button when he mentioned doing this. I'm in. Just name the time and location!!

Sam

Lamonster
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Glad I pushed your button Sam ;D

If we can get a few more to hop in on this we can make plans to do it. Thursday to Sat. works for me. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

spyderwoman
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
my husband and myself are in!! there are so many good rides in that area. highway 32 outside of cosby, tn. is another great ride. if you do the skyway of course you must ride up to bald river falls. the restaurant at the end of the skyway just before you get into tellico plains is a great little place on the river. june sounds great! lets do it!

Lamonster
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM
my husband and myself are in!! there are so many good rides in that area. highway 32 outside of cosby, tn. is another great ride. if you do the skyway of course you must ride up to bald river falls. the restaurant at the end of the skyway just before you get into tellico plains is a great little place on the river. june sounds great! lets do it!

Sounds great. Maybe we could put a few rides together and if we get enough people we can split up on different rides. I think a bunch of Spyders at Wheels Through time would still be really cool. :doorag:

kma10-4
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
does that include HD rider that bought spyder for wife to ride and follow with gear ..hahaha.(sometimes)

one2doo
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Looks good count me in.

Lucky
01-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Since most of the initial batch of bikes is to be delivered by the end of May, I would think June at the earliest would make the most sense. Some of us are very interested but won't have our toys until May. Selfish I know.

Freezing in Wisconsin

Spyd3r
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Lucky what about a ride around the lakes? I am going to Gat in Sept but to long of a ride for a 2 day thing any earlier.

Lucky
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm in. Now if the Spyder just shows this spring I'll be all set (although we still have 3 other bikes if not).

Spyd3r
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Not sure which of the 2 towns by the same name you are in, but maybe the UP ride will develop. We can get more folks from Minnesota and Wisconsin to go and the numbers could "grow as we go" through each state. Will let you know if the folks in Michigan get it going. I think it would be cool. Start off in Minnesota, swing by your area and others on the way....

phillip
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Count my wife and I in on the rides. If I don't have my SPYDER then we'll follow on the Miata. Should have the SPYDER by then. Excited, Phillip

hevnbound
01-05-2008, 09:08 AM
So far we have:

Lamont
Spyderwoman
One2doo
Phillip
hevnbound
Phil209(?)
Axhead
MaxRPM
Spyder Dave

Not a large group but I think it will grow from that by Spring! Lamont ... is it a go?

Lamonster
01-05-2008, 09:21 AM
So far we have:

Lamont
Spyderwoman
One2doo
Phillip
hevnbound
Phil209(?)

Not a large group but I think it will grow from that by Spring! Lamont ... is it a go?

that's not a bad start :bigthumbsup: It's no big deal for me to be there but after we get a few more folks we need to pick a date and a place. :doorag:

axhead
01-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Interesting. I'm sure my wife and I would like to attend if her bike is in (supposed to be in in May)

Lamonster
01-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Interesting. I'm sure my wife and I would like to attend if her bike is in (supposed to be in in May)

That would be great. :doorag: Got your email too, stop by anytime. :bigthumbsup:

TJ_Spyder
01-06-2008, 01:41 AM
I am tentative depending on the date and getting my Spyder. I have 2 or 3 buddies (all happen to have VTXs) that would like to come as well if there are no objections.

MAXRPM
01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
I would be in as well. I live about 2 1/2 hrs from there and I can go any time just let me know when confirmed. #41

spider Dave
01-08-2008, 12:38 AM
::) My Spyder should be here in March. My wife and I will do our best to make the trip in June.

cisaacs
01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Isaacs is in on the ride as long as I have mine by then.

Lamonster
01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Isaacs is in on the ride as long as I have mine by then.

Let's hope a bunch of you guys have them by then. From what I'm reading the first run will all be delivered by March. :doorag:

matusky
01-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Mine should be in sometime in May, I'm in if I get it, I have to pick the Spyder up from a Dealer in New Jersey, I live in Delaware but I have family in Virginia, and North Carolina that I'd love to visit..... making a nice long trip would be pretty cool so count me in too if I actually take delivery then..... I wanted to take a trip with it when I got it and it looks like this would be pretty cool!

I'm in for June!

tfjunkie
01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Add us to the list.
We just got back from our dealer in florida.
He told us ALL of the first owner groups vehicles are to be in and ready for owner pickup no later than march 31st.

matusky
01-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Add us to the list.
We just got back from our dealer in florida.
He told us ALL of the first owner groups vehicles are to be in and ready for owner pickup no later than march 31st.

So what you're saying is that you've been told all of the first 2500 are to be at dealers by the end of march?

My dealer is telling me between April and May...... is it safe to assume that they're giving me that timeframe because they want to tell me later and then just surprise me?

Here's to hoping!!

Lamonster
01-14-2008, 07:02 AM
So what you're saying is that you've been told all of the first 2500 are to be at dealers by the end of march?

My dealer is telling me between April and May...... is it safe to assume that they're giving me that timeframe because they want to tell me later and then just surprise me?

Here's to hoping!!

If you were on the first order run your contract says you will have it no later than March. Did you get in on the first run?

matusky
01-14-2008, 10:37 PM
If you were on the first order run your contract says you will have it no later than March. Did you get in on the first run?

Lamonster, I have the bill of sale dated 8/29/07, and the deposit was sent to Can-Am on 9/12/07, I have a thing from the dealer saying that I have a confirmed order with BRP as of 9/14/07......... I have the jacket and I've been sent all the stuff from BRP saying I'm in the first owners group but the dealer still says May? Is this right?

I'm really anxious to get this thing, I've never had a bike before and I can see myself on a cold blistery day suiting up just to take it out for a spin! Whatcha think?

Lamonster
01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Lamonster, I have the bill of sale dated 8/29/07, and the deposit was sent to Can-Am on 9/12/07, I have a thing from the dealer saying that I have a confirmed order with BRP as of 9/14/07......... I have the jacket and I've been sent all the stuff from BRP saying I'm in the first owners group but the dealer still says May? Is this right?

I'm really anxious to get this thing, I've never had a bike before and I can see myself on a cold blistery day suiting up just to take it out for a spin! Whatcha think?

If you're in the first run (2500) then you should have it no later than March. It sounds like the dealer may not have got you order in time though. :dontknow:

matusky
01-16-2008, 05:44 PM
If you're in the first run (2500) then you should have it no later than March. It sounds like the dealer may not have got you order in time though. :dontknow:

Nope.....see post about the dealer screwing me.... apparently the order was in time.... the sales guy just wasn't clued in to the delivery schedule

hevnbound
01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
If we want to go to Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC, we need to put in for our group NOW. They only have the last weekend of June avaialbe at this time.

For info on rooms, rates, reservations, cancellation policy, etc .... go to: www.ironhorsenc.com

This isn't just my party but if everyone votes for the last weekend in June and the Ironhorse is OK, I would be glad to contact Charlene and put some cabins/rooms in our names. Would need to know who plans to camp and type of room(s) you prefer.

It would be up to each individual to actually make their reservation. She would hold our cabins/rooms for a period of time. If you read their cancellation policy, I wouldn't recommend you make the reseveration now until we all decide on date, etc.

one2doo
01-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Looks good to us wife and I.Talked to a friend at BRP who works in Spyder Division he said we 2500 and then some will have our rides by end of March.Keep us in the loop. Thanks Sam for all the work. :bigthumbsup:

matusky
01-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey ALL:

I'm thinking of asking my cousin who lives in Benson, NC to tag along...... he has a custom chopper made by Spencer Bowman Customs........ pretty sweet bike, candy apple red with lots of chrome........ steep rake on the front end, custom wheels................

Anyways, what do you think of the tag along?

Lamonster
01-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey ALL:

I'm thinking of asking my cousin who lives in Benson, NC to tag along...... he has a custom chopper made by Spencer Bowman Customs........ pretty sweet bike, candy apple red with lots of chrome........ steep rake on the front end, custom wheels................

Anyways, what do you think of the tag along?

For sure Bro. There will be more than one bike with the group. I say if you're in the wind you're cool. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

I'm thinking the last week of June now. Will that work for you guys?

spyderwoman
01-18-2008, 09:19 AM
The last weekend in june sounds good. We are campers so we'll book a campsite at the ironhorse. we go there every first week of july and it stays booked. you guys better book quick. last year the whole place was booked by a canadian harley owners club. they were WILD!!! they would party and dance and drink until late, then would get up at the crack of dawn, ride all day and would come back and start partying again! they were tough! they had even brought their own enclosed concession trailer that was stocked with adult beverages. they had a hired driver/mechanic that followed them around in a harley davidson ford f-350 pulling a trailer full of supplies, tools, tanks of gas, food, water, etc.. it went out with them everyday. anyway, they had every cabin, room and tent site booked. we were lucky to get a rv site! if you haven't been to the ironhorse they have cabins, bed and breakfast, rv sites, tent sites, camp cabins, extremely clean bath houses and a clubhouse with pool table, big screen tv and their own restaurant. they even provide air tanks for your tires, and a free bike wash area with towels. they do cater to motorcyclists! don't worry they do quiet down the partiers so people can sleep, usually around 11:00 unless its a holiday. during the 4th of july they usually get a good band to play on the back deck of the clubhouse. ok i'm getting excited, is it june yet?

Lamonster
01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
This is where we had our BBR meet last year and it was a great place.
http://www.smokyfallslodge.com

I'm waiting for a call back to see if we can nail down June 26, 27-28. I'll let you know what they say. I'm thinking 15 to 20 rooms :dontknow:

Lamonster
01-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Looks like those dates are booked. ::)

I can get June 5th 6th and 7th
or I can get July 10th 11th and 12th.

What works best for you guys? I need to know ASAP. Thanks :doorag:

spyderwoman
01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
we can do either dates. school is out june 7th so we can be up there that evening. we don't have to travel far so it is up to the rest of you that have to come a long way. lamont would you ask your buddies some good campgrounds in maggie valley near the lodge? thanks!