PDA

View Full Version : ABS FAULT

turk
09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Getting ABS FAULT and spyder will not start, any one else had this problem?

Thank you Turk

warp10
09-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Don't remember hearing that, try and step on brake to start. :pray:

CyncySpyder
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM
;) It can't hurt to check the fuses and relays in the Frunk & under the seat to make sure that they are ALL seated & tight. With general ryding, they can become loose & cause issues like this;) Have you checked to see if there are any fault codes?

To check for fault codes: For the RT, turn the key to the ON position and wait for the boot-up process to complete then press "MODE", "SET" and the turn signal cancel button (push In) simultaneously to display the active fault codes.

Good luck & let us know how this works out for you:thumbup:

turk
09-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Checked fuses and relay, tried brake still no go will try fault codes and see if anything turns up....
Getting it ready to trailor to dealer...

Thanks

Turk

CyncySpyder
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Just throwing this out there, but hows the status of the battery? Meaning, is it original, how old is it, have you checked the battery connections, how long since you last went for a ryde, how long do you usually ryde and at what speed and RPMs do you usually shift at:dontknow:

I know thats alot of questions, but if the Spyder is not ridden daily or kept on a charger, and only ridden for short rydes at low RPMs, the Magneto won't charge the battery, causing it to go low, and a low battery can cause all kinds of havoc including codes, faults and Limp Home Modes:banghead:

turk
09-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Got fault code c006c ?

Turk

turk
09-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Called the dealer had him put me through to the mechanic, explained my problem. He said
first thing to do is check the battery voltage. I did and sure enough 11.3v no load when i tried
to start it dropped to 7.1v.Ive got the charger on now and when I can start it iam going to put
a new battery. existing battery is 2010 orginal so i shouldnt be surprised. thanks for the help hope
this is the problem.....

Turk

Campverdefela
09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
I think being just a smidge low in brake fluid will also give an abs light.

CyncySpyder
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Got fault code c006c ?Turk

Fault Code - C006C deals with the ECM (ENGINE CONTROL MODULE)the description is: VSS CAN (CAN BUS) message plausibility error.

Thats what that particular fault code means, but be aware, when the battery gets low, the Spyder will start throwing sporadic codes, unrelated to the actual problem of the battery being low, and can cause much frustration and hassle trying to figure out what the actual problem is.

Another good piece of advise for you, toward the top right hand side of any page on the SpyderLovers Forum, you will see a white rectangular box with a small magnifying glass icon next to it. That is the SpyderLovers Forum "SEARCH" Feature and can lead you to a WEALTH of information on just about any subject that you need help with. Your search just has to be more than 3 letters to to provide resullts, just so you know. When you listed your error code, I copied & pasted it in the search window and it brought up dozens of threads, all with that fault code listed, and I pulled up one and someone had listed what I copied & pasted for you above. Its really a great feature to become familiar with:thumbup: and Teddy's always glad to help:2thumbs: