PDA

View Full Version : Power Ramp

Captain Fin
09-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Has anyone used a product sold at walmart called power ramp. They look like over sized wheel chocks, but you drive the front wheels on them and it gets the front of the spyder up about 12 inches. Do you think it safe to jack up the rear of the spyder to level the spyder for oil change, and also to install a smooth spyder belt tensioner.

Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut

cjackg
09-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Has anyone used a product sold at walmart called power ramp. They look like over sized wheel chocks, but you drive the front wheels on them and it gets the front of the spyder up about 12 inches. Do you think it safe to jack up the rear of the spyder to level the spyder for oil change, and also to install a smooth spyder belt tensioner.

Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nutGot a pic or link for this jewel ?

Captain Fin
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Got a pic or link for this jewel ?
The walmart store in Homestead Florida sells this ramp under the name power ramp. I tried to find it online and even at walmart online and it does not come up. It is designed for a car to pull up on to lift the front of a car off the ground. They are made of plastic, sell for $46.00 a pair and look like an oversize wheel chock. They are about 16 inches wide, 12 inches high and 36 inches long. It looks ideal for the spyder, but wanted some feed back from others before I purchase.

Noral
09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
The walmart store in Homestead Florida sells this ramp under the name power ramp. I tried to find it online and even at walmart online and it does not come up. It is designed for a car to pull up on to lift the front of a car off the ground. They are made of plastic, sell for $46.00 a pair and look like an oversize wheel chock. They are about 16 inches wide, 12 inches high and 36 inches long. It looks ideal for the spyder, but wanted some feed back from others before I purchase.

ARE THESE WHAT YOU SPEAK OF.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=Car+Ramps+at+Walmart

Captain Fin
09-20-2012, 12:44 PM
ARE THESE WHAT YOU SPEAK OF.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=Car+Ramps+at+Walmart
That is what they look like. Do you think they will work to get the spyder up?

Noral
09-20-2012, 01:00 PM
That is what they look like. Do you think they will work to get the spyder up?

they are used to get the front of a car up, the spyder :dontknow:

harddrive
09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
I have a set that I purchased years ago. I think I got them at Wal-mart.

They work good on the Spyder, Truck, Mustang, lawnmower...just about anything you want to get under. Just drive up on them and be sure to set your parking break.

The are very sturdy and mine are supposed to hold 12,000 Pounds. I still put jack stands under the vehicle when I am under it...just as a safety measure.

My garage floor is slick, so they slide when I try to drive up on them. They work great in the drive way.

StanProff
09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
they are used to get the front of a car up, the spyder :dontknow:

Yep! I've used mine for the spyder. In my garage on the concrete floor. they have a small rubber pad on the little end that sticks to the floor as you drive up on them. I think I will try Backing the front wheels up on them next time, putting the ramp little end facing forward. i think this would work and in doing so you would have open access behind the front wheels and under the spyder. :dontknow: Has anyone done this? I think I will try it when I get home.

DrewNJ
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I have a pair of Rhino ramps as well and have used them on the spyder quite a few times. Works fine under the front wheels and even backing up under the rear wheel with a single ramp.
Never tried using 3 ramps at the same time though.....

Sonrisa
09-21-2012, 09:17 AM
I have used this type of ramp for years. They work great for the spyder. Just drive up and you have plenty of room to change oil. I do jack up the back wheel to make sure everything is level so I get the maximum amount of old oil out. Been changing oil this way for many oil changes.:thumbup:

btcherm
09-21-2012, 01:11 PM
made my own ramp and they work just fine .........:ohyea:53686536875368853689