PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be newbie.

Smitty310
09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Hello everyone,
I been looking at the spyder now since March. Up till August, I have had mostly sportbikes. 750 katana, zx1100, 78 Goldwing, and lastly fzr600. Unfortunately in Aug I was hit by a ranger pickup on my way home from work. Bike was totaled, fractured a bone in my knee and tore a tendon in my shoulder (all on the right side). Nice patch of road rash on my shoulder, and swollen rotator cuff. All healing nicely..
This has pushed me even more to the Spyder. I been sneaking through the forum and other forums to gather more info. I have to say this forum is alive, I've been on some dead ones, lol..

So Im looking at a 2012 RS-S sm5, but Im going to hold off till I see what the 13's bring.. :shocked:

What ever I get I will post pics, and probably asking questions... :ani29:

Smitty

Bob Denman
09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome aboard, Smitty! :thumbup:
I'm sorry to hear about your encounter with a pickup truck last month; it certainly gives one good reasons to rethink certain strategies... :shocked:
Anyway; Have fun shopping for your new pride and joy! :ohyea::yes: :welcome:

flamingobabe
09-19-2012, 02:01 PM
well go ahead and do it...buy that Spyder...but I would wait until 2013 is revealed.....you won't be disappointed with the Spyder

Smitty310
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome.. I will be getting that spyder and I am waiting for what the 2013 may offer first ;)

Rar
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
:welcome::2thumbs: You won't be disappointed. I'm sorry about your accident and am glad you're on the mend. Keep us posted on your new baby. :yes::yes::yes:

ARtraveler
09-19-2012, 03:41 PM
:welcome: and looking forward to hearing what you end up with. No matter what, it will be good. :thumbup:

d.o.spyder-rts
09-20-2012, 01:03 AM
:welcome: keep us updated. Dale

rrman01
09-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome.. I will be getting that spyder and I am waiting for what the 2013 may offer first ;)

as you guys ova there get the spyders first im waiting to c what colours they come up with and any changes to the rotax if any , so im in the same boat as you

Smitty310
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO anxious... :yes:.. cant wait till Sunday!!!

spydaman60
09-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone,
I been looking at the spyder now since March. Up till August, I have had mostly sportbikes. 750 katana, zx1100, 78 Goldwing, and lastly fzr600. Unfortunately in Aug I was hit by a ranger pickup on my way home from work. Bike was totaled, fractured a bone in my knee and tore a tendon in my shoulder (all on the right side). Nice patch of road rash on my shoulder, and swollen rotator cuff. All healing nicely..
This has pushed me even more to the Spyder. I been sneaking through the forum and other forums to gather more info. I have to say this forum is alive, I've been on some dead ones, lol..

So Im looking at a 2012 RS-S sm5, but Im going to hold off till I see what the 13's bring.. :shocked:

What ever I get I will post pics, and probably asking questions... :ani29:

Smitty

after sunday we'll find out if you were the smart one and i was the dumb one!nojokei started looking in march and bought the 2012 rss sm5 in the can am red. i have over 6000 miles on it already. the way i look at it, i might be sorry when i see what you get with the 2013 rss, but, i got to put on 6000 miles this summer instead of waiting. that's the next question. who's the winner here? good luck with the spyder when you get it. you're gonna love it.

Ivorspyder
09-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Welcome Smitty.Glad to hear you are healing and about to get a Spyder.Whichever you get this years next years you will love it.Good luck with your purchase.:clap:

Ivor:spyder: