PDA

View Full Version : 600 Miles Service

cougar
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Quickly approaching. I know they change the oil and filters and check the drive belt tension. What else do they do?

boborgera
09-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Quickly approaching. I know they change the oil and filters and check the drive belt tension. What else do they do?

What they are supposed to do and what some dealers really do are two different things'
But it's all spelled out in the manual that came with the Spyder. ,
Under the Maintenance Schedule.:thumbup:

Adirondack Mik
09-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Make sure you get your panel changed if you have an RT.:lecturef_smilie:

NancysToy
09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
The scheduled tasks are in your manual. A good tech will also look things over carefully, check for loose bolts and components, etc. some will also take a test ride and look for unreported issues. A bad dealer might merely change the oil and check BUDS for updates...resetting any fault codes. Your best bet is to ask the same question of your dealer...up front.

Sierra Shark
09-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Make sure you get your panel changed if you have an RT.:lecturef_smilie:
O.K. Being the new guy I'll bite. What or Which Panel?:helpsmilie:

Adirondack Mik
09-19-2012, 06:15 PM
O.K. Being the new guy I'll bite. What or Which Panel?:helpsmilie:

When you have your 600 mile check up your dealer is supposed to change a panel on the left hand side of your Spyder (as your sitting on it). The panel allows you to change your oils and filters in a fraction of the time. Previously I understand there were vouchers etc. to get the panel. The bottom line is the panels are to be installed at the 600 mile service and are free.:yes::yes::yes: