PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reliability thread / question...

shelbydave
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
I got to thinking this morning while replying to someone else...

Do we have a breakdown of reliability issues compared to whether you got the spyder "out of the crate", or "off the showroom floor"?

I got mine out of the crate, no issues.

I wonder if some dealers may skimp on the PDI since the machine will just sit for who knows how long, then the stuff that was overlooked initially never gets done? :dontknow:

lookerjdc
09-19-2012, 09:15 AM
we bought two RT-S SE5's that were crated and assembled by the dealer

everything was fine in terms of setup but the one thing we did find is that the glovebox does not lock on either machine so they apparently never connected the cable (or something.....)

not a big deal but we have spoken to the dealer and they will repair it when we bring the RTs in for the 600 mile service (which is approaching faster than my brother or I expected..... lol)

ARtraveler
09-19-2012, 11:31 AM
The glovebox should lock if you put the handlebars into lock mode. The two appear to be connected.

Yazz
09-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Spydee was a demo with 50 miles on her. No major issues.

Carold571
09-19-2012, 01:08 PM
My Spyder was on the showroom floor. 6900 trouble free miles since April 25, 2012:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Huntindawg1962
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
The glovebox should lock if you put the handlebars into lock mode. The two appear to be connected.

This

Unless you mean it wont latch at all?

By the way the converse of the quoted statement is also true here. You can not lock the handlebars in the turned position (the key wont go to the lock position) if the glove box is not properly latched.