PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - New Spyder Riders Couple

spydeyblue
09-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Hi folks,

I would like to introduce myself, Linda, and my husband, Paul, to the forum! We bought a blue 2012 RT-S SE5 Spyder at the end of July. Both of us wanted something fun we could do together. We considered getting a sports car or a regular two-wheeled motorcycle, but decided on the Spyder instead, because we felt the Spyder would be safer, and less likely to get us into trouble (like speeding tickets)! Both Paul and I have some physical limitations like damaged feet and knees, which make the Spyder a lot better choice for us, over say a fully dressed-out touring motorcycle, like a Victory or a Honda. We did look at a Harley trike, but I didn't like the overall size of it. To me, it looked like a motorcycle front-end joined to a car rear-end, and just too big and bulky overall. So far, Paul and I are having lots of fun riding our Spyder together. We normally ride two-up, and alternate as rider versus passenger. So far, our thoughts are that the Spyder is a great platform, but it definitely could use some help. We have a big wish list of mods to make to our Spyder, so I'm guessing it will be an ongoing project for quite some time! We got to participate in our first Spyder group ride last Sunday, when we joined the Marina Boat and Powersports 2nd Annual Spyder Ride. This ride is a fundraiser for a shelter for homeless women and their children, in Lodi, CA. There were at least 43 Spyders, plus a couple of regular motorcycles and one odd-looking three-wheeled scooter. The event was definitely fun, and we're looking forward to future Spyder events!

Linda and Paul

Adirondack Mik
09-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi Linda and Paul, welcome.:clap::clap::congrats::yes: Now the fun begins.

Mike

btcherm
09-19-2012, 05:29 AM
Hi Linda and Paul, welcome.:congrats::2thumbs::spyder2::2thumbs::2exc ited:5354153542535435354453545

harrypottar
09-19-2012, 05:56 AM
:congrats::welcome:

Harry

dancogan
09-19-2012, 06:38 AM
:welcome: I think it's really neat that you switch off pilot and co-pilot duties! Have fun and tell us about some of the mods you're planning.

Bob Denman
09-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Welcome to the Party, Guys! :ohyea::yes::yes::ohyea:
Now the fun can really begin! :thumbup:
:congrats:

SteveMac
09-19-2012, 07:30 AM
:welcome: and. :congrats: !!!!

Lamonster
09-19-2012, 07:35 AM
:welcome:

quickster47
09-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the WEB and addiction. You're gonna love it. :yes:

Carl

Ivorspyder
09-19-2012, 07:49 AM
:welcome:Enjoy your ryde.

Ivor:spyder:

Cruzr Joe
09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Welcome and be sure to check out the Do's and Don'ts on this forum relating to your Spyder, very helpful info for new riders.

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Harley
09-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Congrats. on your Spyder purchase.. Many good memories to come.. We purchased ours in March of this year, and enjoying every mile. The mods. just keep coming..:cheers:

Moosemanj
09-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Welcome!

sealfloorboards
09-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome guys,

We love riding two up. At this point, my sweet heart has ho interest in being the pilot. She prefers to direct traffic from behind:hun: did I real say that:roflblack:? Now the process of making your new Spyder your own with your mods. Have fun and.......

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

murphybrown
09-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome guys,

We love riding two up. At this point, my sweet heart has ho interest in being the pilot. She prefers to direct traffic from behind:hun: did I real say that:roflblack:? Now the process of making your new Spyder your own with your mods. Have fun and.......

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Someone you need to be introducing us to John? :ohyea: :yes:

ARtraveler
09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. The fun is just beginning. :thumbup:

jerpinoy
09-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi folks,

I would like to introduce myself, Linda, and my husband, Paul, to the forum! We bought a blue 2012 RT-S SE5 Spyder at the end of July. Both of us wanted something fun we could do together. We considered getting a sports car or a regular two-wheeled motorcycle, but decided on the Spyder instead, because we felt the Spyder would be safer, and less likely to get us into trouble (like speeding tickets)! Both Paul and I have some physical limitations like damaged feet and knees, which make the Spyder a lot better choice for us, over say a fully dressed-out touring motorcycle, like a Victory or a Honda. We did look at a Harley trike, but I didn't like the overall size of it. To me, it looked like a motorcycle front-end joined to a car rear-end, and just too big and bulky overall. So far, Paul and I are having lots of fun riding our Spyder together. We normally ride two-up, and alternate as rider versus passenger. So far, our thoughts are that the Spyder is a great platform, but it definitely could use some help. We have a big wish list of mods to make to our Spyder, so I'm guessing it will be an ongoing project for quite some time! We got to participate in our first Spyder group ride last Sunday, when we joined the Marina Boat and Powersports 2nd Annual Spyder Ride. This ride is a fundraiser for a shelter for homeless women and their children, in Lodi, CA. There were at least 43 Spyders, plus a couple of regular motorcycles and one odd-looking three-wheeled scooter. The event was definitely fun, and we're looking forward to future Spyder events!

Linda and Paul

Welcome, Happy spyding and ride safe and have fun. Bless your hearts for supporting fundraising:yes::yes:

Rar
09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Welcome Linda and Paul. :congrats: On your new :spyder2: Wishing you many happy miles. :yes::yes::yes:

Pennyrick
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Linda and Paul:

Welcome aboard your Spyder and this site.

You are in for loads of fun. It's even better if you each have your own :spyder2:

Enjoy!

StanProff
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Welcome! you've found the best (in my opinion) spyder site on the net! the folks here are very helpful with any questions you may have and the sponsers on the home page can't be beat. You can spend a lot of time on the sponser page looking for that one farkle (or 12) that you just can't live without. That is part of the fun for me with the spyders, you will hardly see two alike as everyone makes them "their own". The spyder is a blank canvas to paint on. Make it yours and have great enjoyment doing so.

Stan

SpyderAnn01
09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
:welcome:

Agent K
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
:yes: We are new to the :spyder2:also. Have had ours just a couple of weeks, coming from a two wheeler it is very different but we are enjoying it very much so far. Had to tighten the front shocks to the 5 setting helped a lot. This forum is very helpful. Thanks. Oh for the record I am Kerry and my wife is Billie.
:thumbup:

Illinois Boy
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Hope you enjoy your Spyder...

Be sure to check-out the "sage-advice" for new owners... just click the link in my signature.

Be sure to ride often!!

GloryRyders
09-19-2012, 09:21 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...........let the mods begin!:yes:

flaggerphil
09-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Welcome from the Florida Space Coast!

d.o.spyder-rts
09-20-2012, 12:31 AM
LInda and Paul, :congrats: on your spyder purchase and:welcome:to the family. Dale

Fonz
09-20-2012, 08:15 PM
To all you Newbies, welcome and congrats on your new Spyders. This forum is the bomb. I now need a 12 step program. I'm addicted to Farkles, " Somebody stop me":yes: