PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we all just get along

Captain Fin
09-18-2012, 02:53 PM
The Peterson poker run to Key West took place last week. It was a Beautiful thing to see. There was all makes of motorcycles, and even several spyders out of the thousands of motorcycles that made their way to Key West. Gilberts was stop 1 and many bikers enjoyed breakfast here. I did notice that one of the spyders had parked in the motorcycle only area and was boxed in on the sides and front by two wheelers . Now I don't think this was on purpose, but mabe the two wheelers were sending a message to the spyder owners that motorcycle only was for two wheelers . There was a Beautiful flat black spyder that was part of the event. I hope next year to see more spyders.

grumpybob
09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
The Peterson poker run to Key West took place last week. It was a Beautiful thing to see. There was all makes of motorcycles, and even several spyders out of the thousands of motorcycles that made their way to Key West. Gilberts was stop 1 and many bikers enjoyed breakfast here. I did notice that one of the spyders had parked in the motorcycle only area and was boxed in on the sides and front by two wheelers . Now I don't think this was on purpose, but mabe the two wheelers were sending a message to the spyder owners that motorcycle only was for two wheelers . There was a Beautiful flat black spyder that was part of the event. I hope next year to see more spyders.

I try to think people just are not thinking when they do things like that. Try to give them the benefit of the doubt, unless I find out they did it on purpose - then I get GRUMPY!! Of course some people are idiots and can't help themslves and can never get along.

ARtraveler
09-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Same thing when I park in the handicap space. I have the proper hang tag attached to the windshield in plain view. (3" by 10" or so). AK does not have HC license tags for motorcycles any more.

I have had a couple nasty notes and one restaurant called the cops. I went out and showed the officer where the hang tag was--problem solved. It was the restaurant next door to where I was. Never a car trying to block me in though.

Yazz
09-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Funny thing, but the same thing happened to me at a swap meet. One in front and two on either side.

What did I do? Back her out and go on my merry way. :coffee:

Also take into consideration that the bikes around the Spyder might have been riding buddies.

btcherm
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I would have put a thank you note on there ride and thank them for protecting my :spyder2::spyder:

Bob Denman
09-19-2012, 07:10 AM
You may have been looking for an insult where none may have been intended...

Some folks are just stupid; but not mean. ;)

wyliec
09-19-2012, 08:00 AM
You may have been looking for an insult where none may have been intended...

Some folks are just stupid; but not mean. ;)
:agree::thumbup:
I went to a Wednesday bike night at a Quaker Steak and Lube and found my spyder blocked in on all sides when I was ready to leave. I looked left and right and most 2 wheelers were blocked in also. It's the price you pay for arriving early.

boborgera
09-19-2012, 08:25 AM
:agree::thumbup:
I went to a Wednesday bike night at a Quaker Steak and Lube and found my spyder blocked in on all sides when I was ready to leave. I looked left and right and most 2 wheelers were blocked in also. It's the price you pay for arriving early.

:agree: The few times i got to the Chatterbox early, My Spyder got hemmed in also , By other Spyders and bikes. Them Spyders take up too much space. :rolleyes:

But i did find out if you ask' people will gladly move to let you out.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM
:agree: Trikes of any nature are much easier to box in just because of the width that they require for maneuvering... Folks will move if you ask them to. :sour:

harrypottar
09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
All sounds good to me, added protection on all sides. Someone's going to have to climb over a another bike to sit on my Spyder.

I've been invited to ride at the end of the month with a bunch of old work mates, 3 day weekend in Vermont. They havn't asked but they still think I have the wing, can't wait to see there faces when I turn up on the spyder. There mostly Harly riders, you know the type, all office workers with loads of chrome and no miles. :roflblack:

Harry

chickridin
09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
We've been blocked in many times on our HD. I'm sure they didn't mean for it to be intentional.

Kratos
09-19-2012, 11:31 AM
All sounds good to me, added protection on all sides.

Unless all the 2 wheelers tilt over from a gust of wind and fall on the spyder. :roflblack: :opps:

Bob Denman
09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Oh great... :shocked: now you've got all of us worrying about wind gusts... :shocked: :roflblack: