PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the parking lot Wyn Dixie Naverre FL

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 08:58 AM
2012 RT Limited.Left my Motorhome started perfect.Rode 1 mile to UPS store.Tried to start absolutely dead.Its not the kill switch.A few days ago it was a bit sluggish to start.Although it started.Since the no problem until now.Have started up a lot.
Any ideas.My cell is 561-351-9095
Ivor

Cruzr Joe
09-18-2012, 09:06 AM
2012 RT Limited.Left my Motorhome started perfect.Rode 1 mile to UPS store.Tried to start absolutely dead.Its not the kill switch.A few days ago it was a bit sluggish to start.Although it started.Since the no problem until now.Have started up a lot.
Any ideas.My cell is 561-351-9095
Ivor

He got it started and is on his way

:ohyea:

CyncySpyder
09-18-2012, 09:21 AM
:2thumbs::yes: ALL IS WELL :yes::2thumbs:

warp10
09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
So what was the solution?

Kratos
09-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Good job guys! :yes:

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
I agree you gotta love this site.Its the best.Thanks to Cruzr Joe response time 2 minutes after I posted.I am getting old I left it in 1st thought I was in Neutral.Cruzr Joe calls I of course in 1st depress the brake and it starts no Problem.Dave of Cyncy Spyder also calls a couple of mins later,but thankfully back at Motorhome running.Thanks guys for your help.Much appreciated.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::b owdown::bowdown:

ivor:spyder:

Cruzr Joe
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
So what was the solution?

Turn it on, Put it in Gear, Press hard on Foot Brake, Press Starter, It started.

Dont ask me why, i just know that sometimes that works.

Cruzr Joe:dontknow::dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
09-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree you gotta love this site.Its the best.Thanks to Cruzr Joe response time 2 minutes after I posted.I am getting old I left it in 1st thought I was in Neutral.Cruzr Joe calls I of course in 1st depress the brake and it starts no Problem.Dave of Cyncy Spyder also calls a couple of mins later,but thankfully back at Motorhome running.Thanks guys for your help.Much appreciated.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::b owdown::bowdown:

ivor:spyder:

Any time my friend, i love this group

Cruzr Joe

CyncySpyder
09-18-2012, 09:41 AM
When you bring the SE5 equipped Spyder to a stop, it stays in first gear and you should always downshift it to Neutral before shutting it off. If however you don't and you leave the SE5 in 1st gear and shut it off, then you MUST first step on the brake before it will turn over and start, and then it will immediately downshift itself into Neutral. Not 100% sure, but that's what we're thinking was the issue.

A month after having our 1st 2010 SE5 RT-S I had this exact scenario happen while at my brothers house, sitting on it and trying everything (short of stepping on the brake) and couldn't get it to start. After 20 minutes of trying, I gave up and was on the phone with BRP RoadSide Assistance and while waiting, jumped back in the seat & (this time) had my foot on the brake and it started right up. We live and we learn:thumbup:

DocRags
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Glad to hear you are back up running. (We're stuck in the hospital waiting for platelets to arrive for transfusion...would rather be stuck in the parking lot).

Cruzr Joe
09-18-2012, 09:43 AM
When you bring the SE5 equipped Spyder to a stop, it stays in first gear and you should always downshift it to Neutral before shutting it off. If however you don't and you leave the SE5 in 1st gear and shut it off, then you MUST first step on the brake before it will turn over and start, and then it will immediately downshift itself into Neutral. Not 100% sure, but that's what we're thinking was the issue.

A month after having our 1st 2010 SE5 RT-S I had this exact scenario happen while at my brothers house, sitting on it and trying everything (short of stepping on the brake) and couldn't get it to start. After 20 minutes of trying, I gave up and was on the phone with BRP RoadSide Assistance and while waiting, jumped back in the seat & (this time) had my foot on the brake and it started right up. We live and we learn:thumbup:

It happened to me also.

Cruzr Joe
09-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Where else could a Spyder Owner stuck in Florida, get help within minutes from a guy in Arkansas and another guy in Ohio and be back on the road within 7 or 8 minutes. How cool is that???????

:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Cruzr Joe

spyder3
09-18-2012, 09:56 AM
This was awesome :clap:. And don't feel bad, i think alot of us have had those moments. I got mine off the truck, turned the key..nuttin.... Got on the phone to cowtown, "did you push the mode button"............duh.....started right up...lol

Amazing site no doubt.:bowdown:

DocRags
09-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Where else could a Spyder Owner stuck in Florida, get help within minutes from a guy in Arkansas and another guy in Ohio and be back on the road within 7 or 8 minutes. How cool is that???????

Cruzr Joe:agree: Great support system for us all!

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear you are back up running. (We're stuck in the hospital waiting for platelets to arrive for transfusion...would rather be stuck in the parking lot).
Thank you.hope all goes well today.You are correct stuck in the parking lot is very minor.

Ivor

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Kai

Cruzr Joe:clap::thumbup:Could not agree more.Isnt it amazing that I knew ,post it via the IPhone,put the cell number in and it would not be long.
The way Cyncy Spyder describes it is correct except I thought I had put it in Neutral and stupidly never checked to see if it was in Neutral.I by habit always leave it in Neutral.

Ivor:spyder:

billybovine
09-18-2012, 10:39 AM
BRP did the right thing not allowing a SE5 not to start without your foot on the brake when it's in gear. It makes sense for safety reasons. I do think they should add a message on the display telling the driver it's in gear when the start button is depressed.

napper39
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
now thats how things work for all the brothers and sisters on this site,so every one here from now on if you are stuck some where and need fast help leave your cell number that way we can help some way fast .one of us might be close to where your having trouble and can help asape.man i love this sight.:chat::2thumbs:

ARtraveler
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
It's so nice when the simple solution is the one that works. :2thumbs:

SteveMac
09-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Happy you got it going. Pretty ride there if you get a chance. And just across the Bay, you can "refuel" like we did in the last pic at Flounders Cafe!

Gulf Blvd from Navarre to Pensacola Beach is an awesome ride. Not very speedy, but really cool scenery.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/asurepav.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/yby6anu8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/yrazahun.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/asupy6eb.jpg

Dudley
09-18-2012, 12:32 PM
The wonderful Owner's Manual. It sits in the front trunk, just hanging there with loads of valuable information that very few bother to read and then send a distress call to SpyderLovers when something goes "wrong" with their Spyder. This "problem" is very clearly explained in said manual.

steve635
09-18-2012, 12:36 PM
All in all, if you were going to be stuck, the Winn-Dixie in Navarre Beach beats the heck out of the places I've been stuck (but not by my RS, knock on wood)!

Kratos
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
The wonderful Owner's Manual. It sits in the front trunk, just hanging there with loads of valuable information that very few bother to read and then send a distress call to SpyderLovers when something goes "wrong" with their Spyder. This "problem" is very clearly explained in said manual.

:wrong:

vondalyn
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM
BRP did the right thing not allowing a SE5 not to start without your foot on the brake when it's in gear. It makes sense for safety reasons. I do think they should add a message on the display telling the driver it's in gear when the start button is depressed.

UH... the display DOES show it's in gear. I rarely ever put the spyder into neutral when I turn it off, so it always comes on with either 1 or R in the display showing which gear it's in. I just make it a habit to press the brake when I start it -- my last few cars have worked the same way; need to have the foot on the brake to get the engine to turn over.

Dudley
09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
:wrong:

The truth hurts, don't it?

Kratos
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM

I look at this forum as a "live" manual. Some of us because of the great jobs and lives we were blessed with are able to just play on this computer through out the day. It is just as easy for me to help out a rider on here as it is for him to scroll through his manual. And sometimes people panic and prefer "live" help. So I'm not gonna throw out "Read the manual" when it takes just as little effort to type the answer to his question.

:chat:

Cruzr Joe
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
it's more fun to ask,

billybovine
09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
UH... the display DOES show it's in gear. I rarely ever put the spyder into neutral when I turn it off, so it always comes on with either 1 or R in the display showing which gear it's in. I just make it a habit to press the brake when I start it -- my last few cars have worked the same way; need to have the foot on the brake to get the engine to turn over.

That's true the display does show it's in gear but if you did not see it when you turned the key on your likely not going to see it when the starter does not work. Now if a message scrolled across the display you may see that. Getting into the habit of putting your butt on the seat and pressing the brake every time you start it is a good idea but I believe it will not become popular.

d.o.spyder-rts
09-18-2012, 04:45 PM

I don't believe it's what you said but the way the post came across. There are better ways to get your point across. Dale

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Happy you got it going. Pretty ride there if you get a chance. And just across the Bay, you can "refuel" like we did in the last pic at Flounders Cafe!

Gulf Blvd from Navarre to Pensacola Beach is an awesome ride. Not very speedy, tomorrow t
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/yby6anu8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/yrazahun.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/asupy6eb.jpg
Rode across the bridge today but tomorrow will do the round trip along the ocean to Pensacola and back. thanks

ivor :spyder:

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
I look at this forum as a "live" manual. Some of us because of the great jobs and lives we were blessed with are able to just play on this computer through out the day. It is just as easy for me to help out a rider on here as it is for him to scroll through his manual. And sometimes people panic and prefer "live" help. So I'm not gonna throw out "Read the manual" when it takes just as little effort to type the answer to his question.

:chat:
I could not agree with you more .Well said.There are to many killjoys in this world.:thumbup:

NancysToy
09-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't agree with the way Dudley went about speaking his mind, but I do agree with the sentiment in some ways. I answer a great many questions here, that could have never needed to be asked had the owners taken the time to read the manual. They would not have panicked, either, which isn't all that much fun. I'll continue to answer people in these fixes, but when a person defends their failure to read the manual as inconvenient, says he/she can't be bothered, or defends it because it is more fun to ask on the forum, that rubs me the wrong way. Do your homework folks, before you tell the teachers you don't understand. We will all be happier and have lower blood pressure.

harrypottar
09-18-2012, 09:36 PM

We don't need know manual we have spyder lovers, besides I bought the semi automatic so I didn't have to deal with any manual. :roflblack:

Harry

Ivorspyder
09-18-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't agree with the way Dudley went about speaking his mind, but I do agree with the sentiment in some ways. I answer a great many questions here, that could have never needed to be asked had the owners taken the time to read the manual. They would not have panicked, either, which isn't all that much fun. I'll continue to answer people in these fixes, but when a person defends their failure to read the manual as inconvenient, says he/she can't be bothered, or defends it because it is more fun to ask on the forum, that rubs me the wrong way. Do your homework folks, before you tell the teachers you don't understand. We will all be happier and have lower blood pressure.
I have always admired your posts to various people with problems.They always strike me as vey knowledgeable and helpful.I have also followed some of the advice you have given.
This morning when I could not get my Spyder started I certainly was not panicking.I simply screwed up.I did not have the manual with me .I was 1 mile away from my Motorhome and trailer.I knew I could walk back, get the Motorhome drive it to the lot and at worst push the Spyder into the trailer and take it to the nearest dealer or for that matter take it all the way home to a dealer where I live.This was the worst scenario.
I then thought use The IPhone post it on the forum with my cell number.It worked Cruzr Joe called me within a couple of minutes.I thought I had as always left it in Neutral and parked.I guess My senior moment was then when I simply could not start it and failed to check if it was in neutral. Him reminding me got it started immediatly.A few minutes later Dave,Cyncy Spyder called and I told him problem solved.I DO KNOW without reading the manual that when in 1st gear depress the brake when starting.
I religiously follow good advice on this forum.I ride the RT like its supposed to be ridden.I have follwed the advice given on this forum how to ride it.I read a lot on the forum have studied the handbook.I have had no trouble until today which was simply of my own making.
I certainly was not defending my failure to read the manual and was not finding it fun to ask on the forum.
Dudleys remarks certainly did not worry me and I Had no intention of getting into a slanging match with him.Kratos however made some comments to Dudley which I simply agreed with and said as much.
To sum up in all my posts on this forum until today have never looked for help apart from one thread started when I queried some noise and my question was answered.

Ivor

NancysToy
09-18-2012, 10:30 PM
I have always admired your posts to various people with problems.They always strike me as vey knowledgeable and helpful.I have also followed some of the advice you have given.
This morning when I could not get my Spyder started I certainly was not panicking.I simply screwed up.I did not have the manual with me .I was 1 mile away from my Motorhome and trailer.I knew I could walk back, get the Motorhome drive it to the lot and at worst push the Spyder into the trailer and take it to the nearest dealer or for that matter take it all the way home to a dealer where I live.This was the worst scenario.
I then thought use The IPhone post it on the forum with my cell number.It worked Cruzr Joe called me within a couple of minutes.I thought I had as always left it in Neutral and parked.I guess My senior moment was then when I simply could not start it and failed to check if it was in neutral. Him reminding me got it started immediatly.A few minutes later Dave,Cyncy Spyder called and I told him problem solved.I DO KNOW without reading the manual that when in 1st gear depress the brake when starting.
I religiously follow good advice on this forum.I ride the RT like its supposed to be ridden.I have follwed the advice given on this forum how to ride it.I read a lot on the forum have studied the handbook.I have had no trouble until today which was simply of my own making.
I certainly was not defending my failure to read the manual and was not finding it fun to ask on the forum.
Dudleys remarks certainly did not worry me and I Had no intention of getting into a slanging match with him.Kratos however made some comments to Dudley which I simply agreed with and said as much.
To sum up in all my posts on this forum until today have never looked for help apart from one thread started when I queried some noise and my question was answered.

Ivor
I hope you don't think I was throwing rocks at you, in particular. I am glad you did not panic, but I'll bet you had a sinking feeling in your stomach. You did just what you should have done, and that's one of the things SpyderLovers are here for. Not all owners would have handled it as well. Reading the manual up front, before they ventured out on their Spyders, could have saved them some worry and some grief. I highly recommend the practice. I will continue to answer questions to my best ability, but I do not get a warm fuzzy feeling when I know that the person asking was either too lazy or too arrogant to read the manual. Nobody likes getting things rubbed in his/her face. I don't know how many of the comments here were made tongue in cheek, but there have been people before that said outright that they couldn't be bothered to read the manual...in earnest. Forgive me, but those stick in my craw.

Cruzr Joe
09-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Ivory

I got a good feeling from being able to help a fellow Spyder owner, travel safely and enjoy your Spyder

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Ivorspyder
09-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Ivory

I got a good feeling from being able to help a fellow Spyder owner, travel safely and enjoy your Spyder

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
Thanks Joe and you do the same.