PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Ryders going to Barkly Lake Ryde

Kmort44
09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Hey Guys,

I see quite a few Indiana Ryders going to the Barkly lake Ride and I'm just wondering are you going down Friday and coming back Sunday or taking a more casual trip, I think I can get the time off and wondering if this was going to be a relaxed trip or a marathon run down and back? Everyone is Welcome to post here. Thanks

Ryde On

Trickie Dick
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Haven't made my decision yet but if I can go, I will probably go down Friday and back on Sunday. NOt sure of ETD.

Who's going from Indiana????

8LEGS
09-17-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm going. Leaving Friday morning sometime and heading back Sunday. Dick574 and Patty are planning on going as well. We should plan a group ride to get there.

rcdurango
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Judy and I going to leave Evansville about 1:00 p.m. It's only a couple hours for us anyway. Remember Friday evening meeting
at the Oasis for dinner if you can make it. KentuckyGuy should have area blocked for us. Can't wait to:ohyea::ani29:ride. :yes:

dick574
09-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Going down Fri. Planning on meeting 8Legs at truck stop at Peru. Haven't heard from her as to a time. Not sure if I'm coming back Sun or Mon.

Trickie Dick
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm going. Leaving Friday morning sometime and heading back Sunday. Dick574 and Patty are planning on going as well. We should plan a group ride to get there.

I just made reservations for Friday and Saturday at the Quality Inn. I'm set to go anytime you guys come through here on Friday morning. NOt sure yet is Janet is going to be to go. I Hope so. Once you guys from up north decide when you want to get going, let me know.
Hopefully Kmort can join us as well.

Kmort44
09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I just made reservations for Friday and Saturday at the Quality Inn. I'm set to go anytime you guys come through here on Friday morning. NOt sure yet is Janet is going to be to go. I Hope so. Once you guys from up north decide when you want to get going, let me know.
Hopefully Kmort can join us as well.

Count me in for the Ryde. I'm curious about the hotel though did you mean the Days Inn? I didn't see a Quality Inn. I'll plan on riding down with everyone, but I might head to Vincennes University to see my oldest at college on my way back. Probably depends on weather. Let me know where your staying Trickie Dick and I'll stay there as well. Anyone heard from Motor Jim? I Think I'll PM him after this post.
Take care everyone:2thumbs:

Kmort44
09-17-2012, 10:12 PM

Great idea, I'm in......we can meet up in Peru again if that works. Looking forward to it!!!

8LEGS
09-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Everything sounds good. What time does everyone want to leave? I'm staying at buzzard rock, but I've had reservations for a while now.

Dick and Kevin .... Glad to see you guys joining us!!

dick574
09-17-2012, 11:33 PM
:yes: I can be at Peru whenever I need to. It'll take me about an hour to get there. Lets let KMort & 8Legs decide when to meet, I think he has the farthest to come, if that's ok.

Trickie Dick
09-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Count me in for the Ryde. I'm curious about the hotel though did you mean the Days Inn? I didn't see a Quality Inn. I'll plan on riding down with everyone, but I might head to Vincennes University to see my oldest at college on my way back. Probably depends on weather. Let me know where your staying Trickie Dick and I'll stay there as well. Anyone heard from Motor Jim? I Think I'll PM him after this post.
Take care everyone:2thumbs:

Sorry, I did mean the Days Inn. I get those 2 confused. Of course, I'm confused most of the day anyway.:ohyea: Sounds like a plan is coming together. We can meet here at my house on Friday morning when you guys decide. It's pretty much on the way. 8legs knows where it is.
I don't think Motor JIm monitors SL a lot. I'll send him a pm also. I think he has a big car show that weekend. :dontknow:

Kmort44
09-18-2012, 09:23 PM
OK......the plan for the northern Indiana folks is meet in Peru at the truck stop (Callihans?) I think that's the name any who I would think 8:30 or 9:00 should do it. If that's good or bad chime in. I will be calling tomorrow to make reservations at the Days Inn!

Really looking forward to this, Dick574 glad your making the trip also, another Spyderlover to hash experiences with. Tina let's ryde again, don't forget your heated gear, I froze my @$$ off tonight at the Riley High School soccer game. The rain sucks and so far I haven't really? Got stuck in it for very long but things could change.

I bought a trailer on e- bay this week but I don't think the hitch,harness and me going down to the BMV s going to happen before the trip.

Let's Ryde,

Kevin

8LEGS
09-18-2012, 09:33 PM
8:30 --9 should be fine. The heated gear is ready to go! It worked like a charm on the way home from spyderfest. I've got the Spyder ready to go ... Oil changed, new brakes, new tires, chad windshield back on, hard bags on, wind deflectors on, gps re-mounted, took the xm radio off, .... Little more I need to do yet, but almost ready.

Looking forward to the ride!

Trickie Dick
09-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I'll plan on seeing you guys around 10:00 - 10:30. :thumbup: Hopefully, good weather. 9815 Brandon Ct., Carmel, 46032 for your GPS.

rcdurango
09-19-2012, 07:21 AM
I just love it when a plan comes together.:clap:

patty
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
We are all ready to go. See you at the truck stop.:ohyea:

Trickie Dick
09-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I just had a warm up ride up to see the triplets in Michigan. I had good practice for next week. Nice weather up yesterday. Rain most of the day back today.:yikes: So I guess I'm ready either way. I will confess, I prefer good weather. nojoke

8LEGS
09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I took a ride yesterday. Looks like my Mom may be joining us as well! She's still getting used to the RT but she is doing fine. We'll see you all at the truck stop.

rcdurango
09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I took a ride yesterday. Looks like my Mom may be joining us as well! She's still getting used to the RT but she is doing fine. We'll see you all at the truck stop.

Should be a great and enjoyable ride for the both of you. The ride we have planned for Saturday will be an easy and enjoyable ride also.
Look forward to meet both of you!:thumbup:

Trickie Dick
09-26-2012, 07:41 PM
I'll see everyone Friday morning at my place around 10:30:yes:

Kmort44
09-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I'll be at the truck stop hopefully by 8:30 no later than 9:00, maybe even earlier who knows.
Hope your Mom comes along Tina:thumbup:

See everyone bright and early Friday

Ryde on,

Kevin

P.S. Where's is Dick574 haven't seen any post in a while?:dontknow:

dick574
09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
:thumbup: I'm right here. My grandson leves for PSI (Power Sports Institute) near Cleveland tomorrow for 1 1/2 years. Mechanic training on all powersports vehicles. He races mororcross & we were at Redbud for the weekend. I'm rarin' to go & will see you Fri. about 8:30.

8LEGS
09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
See you all Friday morning. I think Mom is going, I haven't seen her for a few days. I'll find out tomorrow for sure. I'm ready for a good ride.

Trickie Dick
09-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Made it home fine. Got in about 2:45. It was a fun trip. Great riding with you guys. Nice ride when we were there. It was good to see some old friends as well as meet new ones. Hope everyone made it home safe.

8LEGS
09-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Yes, was a great weekend! Really enjoyed myself.

SteveMac
09-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes, was a great weekend! Really enjoyed myself.

Yes. You did. ;););) !!!!

Trickie Dick
10-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Yes. You did. ;););) !!!!

Embarrassed me:yikes:............:roflblack:

SteveMac
10-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Oh. There are stories about Dick574 too! Using an alias and thinking he could get away with it. Shame on you! :roflblack:

((Edited, as I had mistakenly quoted Trickie Dick at first! Duh.))

NewRider
10-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Glad to hear you folks had a good time...:clap: