PDA

View Full Version : Feel Like complaining? READ THIS!

widowmaker2011
09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Many times , we find it easy to b*tch about our Spyders, crab about other drivers , complain about the weather, you name , it most of us (me included) can take a cynical look at situations sometimes.
A friend of mine doesn't know the word pessimism, has never heard of the word can't and won't ever let you know what he faces.

On a cross country ride 2 years ago from NY to the left coast a blinding sandstorm came out of no-where and he and his riding companion, Ron , were immersed in zero visibility at 55 mph with no warning. While they followed every rule of biking , the oncoming car at full speed didn't get the message... and crossed the line and sideswiped Ron , breaking his ankle and taking the left cylinder completely off his boxer bmw...and then hit Vaughn head on on his BMW. A lesser man would not be here today, but even though he is now paralyzed , Vaughn however is here and told me last year he would ride again as he was looking at my Spyder. I've never heard him complain , only heard how he WILL do something and WILL succeed. I know we have other ryders here in similar situations but I guess it takes personally knowing someone to elevate it to a status that borders on life-changing. Anyhow , what is the storyline? He will ride again?
I guess thats right...

http://www.13wham.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3754570

Ryde on my friends...

rc51ny
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I saw this story and it brought a tear to my eye! That guy is a natural born biker! :bowdown:

fastfraser
09-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Makes us realize how insignificant our perceived problems really are . Way to go. Motor-on !!!:thumbup:

Illinois Boy
09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Great story!

quickster47
09-16-2012, 07:47 PM
A good read like that is certainly a wake up call and gives new meaning to the word 'character'.

Carl

mwkess
09-16-2012, 07:54 PM
What determination, what a neighbor!

vrodrjs
09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I have a newspaper clipping on my wall at work. It is a story about a SEAL that put himself in the open during a firefight to call in air support, he was hit multiple times and died during the firefight. On top of that i have written, "There are big things and there are small things, always remember which is which." Sounds to me like the subject of the story has it straight in his mind.

Star Cruiser
09-16-2012, 10:24 PM
A testament to "If you have the Mind, the rest doesn't matter"

Very true about what do we really have to complain about in the grand scheme of things

Bob Denman
09-17-2012, 06:48 AM
...And we camplain about orange screens and fuel economy??? :opps::opps::opps::opps::opps:

ARtraveler
09-17-2012, 01:37 PM
:agree::2thumbs::2thumbs:

spydaman60
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
it's great to see that there are some really blessed people in this world that can take a hardship and turn it into just a temporary problem. hats off to vaughn, for he should be an inspiration to us all! that man has something that many people today lack, and that is determination. determination to make life what he wants it to be, and not just what was dealt to him!!! nice going vaughn! kinda brought a tear to this old guys eye too!:thumbup:

kawakii
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Being papraplegic this always makes me feel great to see others doing soo much !

spyder-dude
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Sad to see someone go through an accident like this.....but glad to see that they were able to get him riding again!

btcherm
09-20-2012, 04:19 AM
I saw this story and it brought a tear to my eye!:thumbup: