PDA

View Full Version : Custom Spyder Seat almost done!

Magic Man
12-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas with your new Spyder! Here's the latest in the seat update. The basic layout and fabrication have been done, the finishing touches are being done now and it will be reapplied to the frame today. The seat is being covered in a "baby Gaitor" leather with yellow stitching and inlays. The foam has been shaved and reworked to allow for about 2 inches more leg room for the driver relaxing the knee bend angle. I can't wait for it to come back next week. Here is a link for those of you that want to see the "work in progress photos"

http://www.nomagicneon.com/spyderseat.html

Ride safe
Ev

Spyderman
12-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Yea, I like that a lot!

Rando
12-28-2007, 09:30 AM
How much$$

Lamonster
12-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I love it. :bigthumbsup: :bad2thebone:

Magic Man
12-28-2007, 11:04 AM
I don't know what the final price will be yet? But we will be offering this as an custom item when done. Turn around time should be less than a week in most cases. Will post more when done along with installed pictures.

joet
12-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't know what the final price will be yet? But we will be offering this as an custom item when done. Turn around time should be less than a week in most cases. Will post more when done along with installed pictures.

after looking at some of the stuff people are willing to put on their bike so that it looks like my kids spyderman big wheel....that is some cool stuff bro the #1 mod so far. will it pull you back farther away from the bars?

MetroAsian
12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
magic man...do you plan on making glow kits for the spyder as well?

tfjunkie
12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Neat!

I am guessing it's for a yellow.

Make some for silvers and i bet it will be a hotter seller then the original...........SPIDER WIRE ad's for fishing line.

Magic Man
12-28-2007, 10:29 PM
The seat can be made for yellow or silver bikes so color is no problem.

The Spyder we have is already lit up tip to tip and after the seat gets here next Wed. it is going into the studio for photos of everything. I will post the photos after they are done and the copyrights are sent in.

The seat has been shaved to allow you to slide back 2 inches from the bars and the pegs as I have bad knees and needed more room.

NVR2L8
12-30-2007, 12:39 PM
This is gonna sound silly but,
Has anyone sat where the Passenger sits and placed their feet on the Riders pegs?
I found this to be a very comfortable riding position.
I understand that it's not possible to actually ride in this position but I sure did like the feel of it.

BlackWidow
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
This is gonna sound silly but,
Has anyone sat where the Passenger sits and placed their feet on the Riders pegs?
I found this to be a very comfortable riding position.
I understand that it's not possible to actually ride in this position but I sure did like the feel of it.

The last 2 weeks I have been riding on the hump in the middle because of a stiff knee. The knee just got better enough to sit properly in the saddle. It made me wish that we could move the position back by a few inches and this new seat seems like it may do the trick.