PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know?

BaldEagle
09-16-2012, 01:20 PM
So...I'm removing the seat on my RT to install a Utopia seatback. I remove one of the hinge bolts and it falls into the abyss between the mounting brackets. Has anyone traveled down this path. It appears that short of dismantling the bike, I won't be able to get it out. Any ideas? Im already carving the grave marker.:banghead::banghead::banghead::opps:

SpyderAnn01
09-16-2012, 02:07 PM
When I switched seats on mine we put tape over all of the holes so we wouldn't lose anything Somehow I still dropped one and got it out with a magnet. Good luck!

acinpcola
09-16-2012, 02:08 PM
yep I would say a magnet would be the best bet

ulflyer
09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I'd look for another bolt somewhere. When I did mine last summer I dropped a 10mm wrench down the hole. Ain't seen it since!

crossbowme
09-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I have a flexible device two feet long (used on aircraft engines) that has a remote grasping device on it. You squeeze the end and it grabs the bolt. Works good - I know, I lost my bolt and had to get it back. Stick a rag down the hole in the back and save yourself some grieve!

Bob Denman
09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I sure do feel your pain... :shocked:
Good luck with the retrieval! :thumbup:
We'd like to hear what it takes to get the bolt back!

cougar
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I replaced mine with stainless steel allen head cap screws. Most ACE hardware stores have everything you could want as far as nuts, washers, screws and bolts. The allen heads make it a lot easier to take them out or tighten. Bitch to get to with a regular wrench.

quickster47
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Same experience dropping one but then I used a magnet on a flexible line and got it back. But I was worried for awhile that I would not see mine again.

Carl

dick574
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
:opps: did you take the passenger back rest off? sometimes that'll give you a little more room to look & fish around.