PDA

View Full Version : Popeyes Problems Continues

Kennard
09-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Thank you to the forum for all your many ideas with " All I can stand can't stand no more." Its now Saturday and two days after the dealer looked at the 2011 RT/S and pulled the codes. Jr. G-man said it was a communication problem and through up his hands. I wednesday installed a new batttery, and after 94 miles it went crazy again. The tupperware, bi-polar 12 grade science fair project went into limp home and a DPS warning but I did see a parking brake fault before all the orange light show. Went home and pulled the codes. Thank God, I've got six instead of none. U0259, U0122, P0826, C006C U0126 AND U1150.
I'd bet there's going to be a new Harley in our driveway by the coming Friday. I can't stand things that go bump in the night. I've owned many motorcycles for over 45 years and I'm a good trained automotive person who has built race boats and cars and tinkered with every kind of motocycle but a norton. I'll be at the dealer Monday again, oh did I tell you that the service manager doesn't come into the store untill two oclock.

Dudley
09-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Before throwing in the towel, I would look for another dealer who can be recommended by someone on this forum. I can see a "communication problem" between the "tech" and the Spyder, aka DSS (Dumb S**t Syndrome).

billybovine
09-15-2012, 03:36 PM
All your codes that are valid relate to the VCM losing communication with the rest of the system. I would have all the connections in the wiring harness relating to the VCM taken apart and inspected. If problem not found that way do the resistance tests done as outlined in the service manual.

NancysToy
09-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Thank you to the forum for all your many ideas with " All I can stand can't stand no more." Its now Saturday and two days after the dealer looked at the 2011 RT/S and pulled the codes. Jr. G-man said it was a communication problem and through up his hands. I wednesday installed a new batttery, and after 94 miles it went crazy again. The tupperware, bi-polar 12 grade science fair project went into limp home and a DPS warning but I did see a parking brake fault before all the orange light show. Went home and pulled the codes. Thank God, I've got six instead of none. U0259, U0122, P0826, C006C U0126 AND U1150.
I'd bet there's going to be a new Harley in our driveway by the coming Friday. I can't stand things that go bump in the night. I've owned many motorcycles for over 45 years and I'm a good trained automotive person who has built race boats and cars and tinkered with every kind of motocycle but a norton. I'll be at the dealer Monday again, oh did I tell you that the service manager doesn't come into the store untill two oclock.

U0259 = ECM, VCM, TCM, WPM and/or cluster lost communication with MSL-MSR (loss of CAN IDs).
U0122 = ECM and/or cluster lost communication with VCM (loss of CAN IDs).
P0826 = Shift Up/Down switch detection problem or switch out of range.
C006C = VSS CAN message plausibility error.
U0126 = DPS or VCM lost communication with SAS
U1150 = VCM lost communication with VCM

These are all serious CANBus communications errors. A disconnected or corroded connector, or water in a connector, might be a cause, or I would suspect a bad wiring harness (or one chewed by a mouse). There is an outside chance that a bad battery could do it, but it is doubtful. Your tech will probably need the assistance of BRP dealer tech support on this one.

Kennard
09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
U0259 = ECM, VCM, TCM, WPM and/or cluster lost communication with MSL-MSR (loss of CAN IDs).
U0122 = ECM and/or cluster lost communication with VCM (loss of CAN IDs).
P0826 = Shift Up/Down switch detection problem or switch out of range.
C006C = VSS CAN message plausibility error.
U0126 = DPS or VCM lost communication with SAS
U1150 = VCM lost communication with VCM

These are all serious CANBus communications errors. A disconnected or corroded connector, or water in a connector, might be a cause, or I would suspect a bad wiring harness (or one chewed by a mouse). There is an outside chance that a bad battery could do it, but it is doubtful. Your tech will probably need the assistance of BRP dealer tech support on this one. Loaded up the bike for the trip to the dealer in the morning. It's Action in Bradenton, Florida. Can anyone from the Tampabay area give me the name of the best dealer for service?

MouthPiece
09-16-2012, 07:14 PM
There's several spyder owners that use the dealership in Clearwater. I know that's a "fur piece" from Bradenton, but my understanding (reputation wise) is that this dealership does very good work. That would be my suggestion.

Chris