PDA

View Full Version : Who has their Spyder and who's still waiting?

Lamonster
12-26-2007, 10:02 AM
I guess there has been 700 shipped so far. I was wondering who on this board has theirs and who's still waiting. :dontknow:

2faston3
12-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Technically, I could have had one of the first 3 of 4 that showed up. However I, like the rest of us here in the north can't ride them very easily in the snow. So I chose to wait until March to pick mine.

So I am waiting for the next batch to show up.

2faston3

Lamonster
12-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Technically, I could have had one of the first 3 of 4 that showed up. However I, like the rest of us here in the north can't ride them very easily in the snow. So I chose to wait until March to pick mine.

So I am waiting for the next batch to show up.

2faston3

If you can't ride you might as well wait. ::)

bjeffrey
12-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Still waiting here, trying to be patient. Weather is cold in Michigan but right now the roads are clear. I'll jump on the chance when they call. If I can get a day here or there to ride I'll take it. Was #6 on the orignal list at my dealer, I've been next up for about 3 weeks.

Magic Man
12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, I finally got the call that mine came in and like clock work it started to snow the hour we were on our way to the dealership! Then it snowed and dumped twice more since then. I live in Albany NY and up till then it was cold but clear roads. So I could have at least took it for a blast. But now we have snow, wet roads and salt so it sits! But at least I can get the mods done to it while I wait to take it to Daytona in March. The new seat should be back next week and the accent lighting was finished last week. As soon as the seat is back I will post some pics of the seat and lights.

Ride safe.

Lamonster
12-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, I finally got the call that mine came in and like clock work it started to snow the hour we were on our way to the dealership! Then it snowed and dumped twice more since then. I live in Albany NY and up till then it was cold but clear roads. So I could have at least took it for a blast. But now we have snow, wet roads and salt so it sits! But at least I can get the mods done to it while I wait to take it to Daytona in March. The new seat should be back next week and the accent lighting was finished last week. As soon as the seat is back I will post some pics of the seat and lights.

Ride safe.

So what did you do on the seat? I have plans to recover my seat next month. I'm thinking about a yellow stripe with black carbon fiber sides. Can't wait to see yours. :doorag:

Magic Man
12-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Seat is being done over in black "baby gator" with reworked foam to give the driver more room before the "hump' All the stiching will be in yellow with 2 spiders up frot and a larger spider on top with web work stitched in as well. I have not seen it yet, but it should be done this week and back to me next.

billclemen
01-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Got about 350 miles on Premiere Edition #538 and enjoying it a whole lot. It certainly helps to have had years of experience piloting a sidecar. Can't understand the reasoning behind omitting the handbrake, however, unless they expected a majority of purchasers to come without previous motorcycle experience.

Diggittt
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Still waiting here in Bakersfield, California. Was told should be here in January but what I have read will be anytime up till end of March.

Diggittt

wildwillie
01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Ordered my Spyder july 17 07 Belleville Mich.what a mistake could have ordered it from the moon been the same. They have only received 3 bikes now i'm only 13th in line. saleman said they were to get 8 in jan. & 8 in feb. fat chance. I could be fixing it up during cold weather. How much are the dest .and dealer prep charges my salesman don't have a clue I feel like I have a big gouge coming.I live in ohio about a 140 mi to the dealer. thats going to be a problem. There is a BRP dealer about 40 mi away but he said they would need to be qualified to work on it.I just wished i had it, to have that problem. See ya wildwillie

jebkaylor
01-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Imade my depositin Oct. at mission motorsports in irvine ca. Irecieved my bike on Dec. 17th. Lucky me

mckenziejon
01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
brp delivery sucks!!!!!!!!! 1st ordered first served!!!!!!!!

Y - FCTR
01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I only ordered my Spyder in Dec....so I think I have several months to wait.....YEAH

I just hope I don't have to wait a year.....I guess time will only tell

Ben

BajaRon
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
What is there to say? It's like everything else in life...Either you've got it or you don't. And like everything else that's really good in life, most people Don't have it...yet!

ccospyder
01-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Order in May 2007 received my number 711 in December 2007 . Already 800km on it.

TMehaffey
01-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Ordered mine on3/31/07, #4 on the dealers list. STILL WAITING :(

Star Cruiser
01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
I guess there has been 700 shipped so far. I was wondering who on this board has theirs and who's still waiting. :dontknow:

Sounds like I have a ways to go. My order in December will is probably a year away. My dealer told me that it was not likely to be here until the end of the riding season. From what I have seen it will be worth the wait. I ordered the SE5 transmission model

Lamonster
01-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Sounds like I have a ways to go. My order in December will is probably a year away. My dealer told me that it was not likely to be here until the end of the riding season. From what I have seen it will be worth the wait. I ordered the SE5 transmission model
:congrats: and :welcome:

matusky
01-12-2008, 12:20 AM
I dropped an email to my sales guy about mine..... I ordered and placed deposit in Sept. 07..... expected delivery in May 08....... got this email back from Sales guy......

"I just got an email (today) from Can Am's national sales mgr & they still don't even have a breakdown for the March deliveries yet. Obviously, April/May units are not even close to being scheduled. We'll have to keep in touch for those. I probably won't know until March."

INTERESTING............ ::)

scaryspyder
01-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Ordered mine on Sept 20,2007.Dealer said in May 08'.Seeing that there are folks from 03/07 still don't have their machines,I think it's going to be a long summer.If NY was not such jerks,I would most likly be adapting a wheel kit on a Rev snowmobile(naaaa...$120 a year registration fee on a sled,,,I 'll wait for the Spyder).Got,my jacket on Dec 6.javascript:void(0);

1BlackWidow
01-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I ordered mine mid Sept. from Flamingo Motor Sports in Palmer. Ma. They told me that I would see it early May. I cant wait either! I posted a thread asking who else from Connecticut had ordered one and I havent gotten a single reply to it. According to the Map I got, it looks like there are a lot of people getting them. A co-worker saw one a few days ago.....I cant wait to get the call.

SpyderAnn
01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
I ordered mine in July 2007 at Swampfox in Bluefield Va. Very anxiously waiting for the delivery. I am # 18 on the list.Anyone else from the Charleston West Virginia Area ?

jebkaylor
01-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I ordered mine in Nov. and my dealer had a order cancelled so I got mine #70 on Dec. 18th

Babymoose
01-28-2008, 12:46 AM
I am waiting. Put my deposit down in January 8, 2008 at Bow Cycle in Calgary. Was told to expect delivery by the end of May,2008.

matusky
01-28-2008, 06:01 AM
I am waiting. Put my deposit down in January 8, 2008 at Bow Cycle in Calgary. Was told to expect delivery by the end of May,2008.

I'm amazed at how many Spyders are going to be delivered between March and May........... anyone else notice that?

Wijllie
01-28-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm amazed at how many Spyders are going to be delivered between March and May........... anyone else notice that?

They can't keep track...
Imaging how many more will be delivered when they are more seen on the streets!!!

My dealer already ordered 2 silver units, he promised me I get one of them,
normally there was one for demo and one for the showroom.
So with a little luck it will be March instead of April ;D

wildwillie
01-28-2008, 07:54 AM
bjeffery what dealer did you use?wildwillie

bjeffrey
01-28-2008, 08:13 AM
bjeffery what dealer did you use?wildwillie

I ordered mine from MotorCity Power Sports http://www.motorcitypowersport.com/ . I haven't checked with them on a status update in about 3 weeks because of the brake issues. It seems I get more info off of this board than I do from the dealer.

Derwin
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I ordered the SE5 model in December from Lake Effects Sports in Benton Harbor, Michigan. They told me that I may be getting it around May, but the order sheet said September. I hope I get it in May so I have all summer to ride it! ;D

Derwin

matusky
01-28-2008, 04:21 PM
"...........It seems I get more info off of this board than I do from the dealer."

TOTALLY :agree: :bigthumbsup:

Lamonster
01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
They told my buddy BajaRon March but called today and said it's ready to be piceked up. That's really good news. :doorag:

Wijllie
01-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Whoa lucky son of a Spyder :bigthumbsup:

spyderwoman
01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
i picked up #664 in november at jacksonville powersports. she has 654 miles on her. we still get to ride on nice days here in north carolina.

spyder3rdr
01-30-2008, 03:31 AM
I will get mine TODAY ! I used the Spyder web site -dealer locator- in Feb 07 , did the demo ride in May and ordered mine June 11 ... @ Honda House of Richmond,Va. I was told Jan 08 delivery and it was first come - first serve ... obvisously not the case ! I started reading post here and in CanAmTalk ... reading that people were getting bikes that had put money down much later in Aug/Sept ... after me and alot of other depositors ... making alot of people disgusted with BRP's approach to customer service(lack there of) little to no information from the BRP phone # and the same from dealers ... not much information given ... but with the Spyder and its never ending WWW.(world wide) WEB ... WE as depositors have to keep each other posted on any tid-bit we findout !

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting ... just like everyone else ... I was lucky enough to see a post about South Carolina(a state NOT on the original list) having 3 delivered @ a Myrtle Beach dealership. 1 yellow and 2 silver... I called this morning and put another deposit down(because they are not transferable) talked with Sales then Parts(ordered accessories)and then the F&I ... called my insurance ... signed papers and faxed them to dealer this afternoon ... I'm taking delivery of # 90 @ RedLine PowerSports of Myrtle Beach SC ... I'm amazed that I can get one of the first hundred with so many already being sold ... I suggest to everyone to call every BRP/Can-Am dealer you are willing to drive to ... may get it ALOT sooner :bigthumbsup:

Lamonster
01-30-2008, 05:53 AM
:congrats: :welcome: :doorag:

BajaRon
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, you can officially move me from the "Waiting" to the "I Got Mine" list! Now if it will just warm up a bit. Drove 800 miles 1 way to get it but it sure looked good strapped to the trailer. It will look even better when I'm riding it!

Now let's see, new muffler, Cruise Control, front brake, forward pegs, fog lights, tail piece, graphics... I'm sure I'm missing something but it will come to me soon enough.

wildwillie
02-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I gave up on can-am and brp as far as customer relations.They do what ever they want regardless what they have said in the past. They come up with that delivery schedule in Oct. months after we put our deposit down thinking we were to get delivery in Oct. If they want a good relation they would be more helpful with us that are still waiting. letting us use deposit money any where we find a extra spyder.What makes the difference where we buy. They should also post where all the bikes have gone.As far as dealers go they are useless if you ask anything they don't know and they can't find out. what kind of outfit is this anyway? Buy the way what were your dealer prep and transportion charges if you don't mind me asking. wildwillie

Duckster
02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Ordered Aug '7, told Oct or March, no word yet. From K&W Cycle, Shelby Twp MI. Fortunately, live like less than a mile from there, so drive by a few times a day normally. I was amazed at the lack of paperwork I received... just a credit card slip for the deposit.

First things in mind to do... Taller windscreen, front pegs, graphics (ordered gray Spyder), fog lights, additional lights for side/rear view, cruise.

Any other ideas?

duckster