PDA

View Full Version : brake light on/ cruise stopped working!!

Guzzi
09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Went to work this morning. Noticed the cruise stopped working. by the time I got to work, the cruise decided to start working. All seemed ok!
Went to dinner and my buddy behind, said my brake lights were not working! Seems that the brake lights are on all the time, and on the way home the cruise would not work! Any ideas, anyone? Leaving for a 3000 mile trip monday early, or at least I was! Going to dealer first thing in the morning, and hope they can figure it out, otherwise it's a business trip in the car!! UGH!! :banghead:

Punty
09-15-2012, 06:05 AM
It sounds like you have a bad brake light switch

ARtraveler
09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Check for debris in the brake actuator swith--which is causing the brake to stay in the on position. That can be a problem if you have been riding on gravel roads. This will usually cause limp modes and orange screens though.

Guzzi
09-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Took BIG RED to the dealer this AM. The cause was the 3 week old tricled. It was a defective kit, and caused a glitch with the brake lites, which then caused the cruise to stop working, as the brakelite would not go off. S'*!t happens. Now off on a quick business trip to Williamsburg, Va, St. Louis, Mo, and back home to New Smyrna, Fl next sunday. Should be good riding weather! :yes: