PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong (right) with this picture

ThreeWheels
09-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I just got my newly designed lower panel along with new oil filter.

Here's a photo:

Any comments ?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53341&d=1347670989

MidLifeCrisis
09-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Doesn't the new panel go on the other side?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

millerrdjr
09-14-2012, 08:13 PM
It's the wrong (right)side.

SpydermanCT
09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm 34,000 feet in the air, I wish I could run down in the garage and look for you.

ThreeWheels
09-14-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm 34,000 feet in the air, I wish I could run down in the garage and look for you.

Thank you my good friend.
It's kind of a trick question.................
Are you headed home ?

SpydermanCT
09-14-2012, 08:25 PM
I am. Thank goodness. Vegas for 4 days, it's a great place to visit but there is a lot of trouble to get into there. Picking up my RTS from Bobby tomorrow and hoping the wife will let me disappear for some riding.

ThreeWheels
09-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I am. Thank goodness. Vegas for 4 days, it's a great place to visit but there is a lot of trouble to get into there. Picking up my RTS from Bobby tomorrow and hoping the wife will let me disappear for some riding.

I was there this morning. That's when I had the panel changed. I took the liberty of looking at your bike, I was very interested in the GPS mount.

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I didn't touch anything, but I'm still wondering how much the GPS bounces around.
I made a similar mount to my ST1100 and didn't like it because of the bounce. I moved the GPS to the handlebars after that. Of course that was a different bike.

We still need to get together for a ride. Maybe a jaunt to Bear Mountain sometime ?

Still wondering if anyone can find the trick in the picture.

EDIT.............
I was writing this post and in the meantime I see Doc Riverside posted. Very observant.
That's correct. The new oil change panel design replaces the lower panel and the left side grill. The tech at GSS, Kevin, gave me the old grill. Its a thermoplastic. With the judicious use of a heat gun, the tabs can be modified to fit on the right side. A single bolt holds the whole assembly in place. I think it turned out OK.

SpydermanCT
09-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I can't do Bear Mountain on skis anymore so I would love to go there on the Spyder. I used to go 91 to 103 to 100 back in my skiing days. Do you have some back road suggestion to VT.

ThreeWheels
09-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Lot's of good ways to VT.
The Bear Mountain I had in mind is in New York. About an hour from me. Down 301, 35. Just across the Hudson.