PDA

View Full Version : Bob D.

wyliec
09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
I thought you might enjoy this.

My gf damaged her 2012 car. It looked like she went over a high curb and then backed over it. Long story short, she had the car fixed yesterday and when I brought her down to pick it up I told her to be careful next time. I looked over the repair and then got back into my car and did my normal routine to look around and over my shoulders and then into the mirrors and I backed up..................right into a big rock, which I hand't noticed when I pulled in. The rock, of course, was below eyesight level.

Bob Denman
09-14-2012, 01:19 PM
:shocked: I hate when that happens...
Well I hope that the damage isn't too severe...
You could check with the repair shop that she went to; maybe they offer "Frequent flier" discounts??

What really stinks, is that you now can't use her little incident to remind her of your superiority... :gaah:

Adirondack Mik
09-14-2012, 03:27 PM
You didn't say how much you ragged on her before your mishap. I can guarantee after 38 years it has cost me several pieces of jewelry and bow downs after mine.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Cruzr Joe
09-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Was this rock put there by the body shop to increase business???

Just asking LOL

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

btcherm
09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
:popcorn:that would been a good what not to do, and that the other story,:yikes:

juliantrost
09-14-2012, 06:57 PM
I backed up over a pile of snow once, in a very similar fashion. Noticed the pile in front, but never noticed one in the back and literally flew right on top of it. The problem was, it was there for few days, so it was a solid rock. The car sort of hung on it, till some buddies of mine helped me pushed it of. I was in high school then and just started driving, so it was my dad's old Lincoln and to this date he has no idea why he needed a new muffler.

dannymax
09-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Considering the amount of crow I've had to choke down over the years you'd think one would develop a taste for it..
......but it never gets any better! :roflblack::roflblack::bbq::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-15-2012, 07:50 AM
The pinfeathers kind of ruin the taste of it; I'd suggest an ice-cream chaser! :thumbup:
Danny,
I'm working on a delivery plan...;)

wyliec
09-15-2012, 08:22 AM
You didn't say how much you ragged on her before your mishap. I can guarantee after 38 years it has cost me several pieces of jewelry and bow downs after mine.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I was tempted to say, but didn't, that if she were more careful I wouldn't have been there and I wouldn't have made an oops.:shocked:

SpyderAnn01
09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
I was tempted to say, but didn't, that if she were more careful I wouldn't have been there and I wouldn't have made an oops.:shocked:

That sounds like something my husband would have said.

Bob Denman
09-15-2012, 12:20 PM

:shocked: You are absolutely right; this is ALL HER FAULT!! :gaah: :joke:

(Don't tell her that I said that; she's a sweetheart!)

jwhatman
09-17-2012, 08:41 PM
That reminds me of when my husband was taking me out on my new to me motorcycle (2 wheel) to teach me how to ride. He gave me the pep talk about when and if I drop it don't be ,get back on the seat and try again,blah blah blah, you know the pep talk. Well we pull out of a side road,just 2 minutes from the house. I pull out fine,start going down the road,look in my mirrors,I can't see my husband. So I stop the bike on the side of the road,still lokking for him. We had frs radios attached and he is not responding to me. I am getting worried, then pissed. I don't know how to turn the bike around. I finally get a glimpse of him,and his bike is down on the ground. It's a BMW k1200rs. Iam worried, so I manage to get my bike turned around,sort of. I go across the road,over the curb, onto this guys lawn, then down his driveway. Meanwhile my husband was cursing up a storm into his radio because he couldn't contact me and he was pissed he dropped his bike. A mom walks by with her children,covering their ears. He finally realizes that he got disconnected from his radio. I go up to him and he says he was so concerned about me he forgot to shift into first. He had the bike turned expecting to go,and lost his balance. he hand't dropped a bike in years. He was bruised up on his thighs pretty good from trying to hold the bike up. I still bring up his "pep talk"

Bob Denman
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
It happens to the best of us at times... :shocked:
I hope that the only damage was to his ego.
And you now have a new card to play when the chips are down! :thumbup: :roflblack:

mowin
09-19-2012, 06:22 PM
That reminds me of when my husband was taking me out on my new to me motorcycle (2 wheel) to teach me how to ride. He gave me the pep talk about when and if I drop it don't be ,get back on the seat and try again,blah blah blah, you know the pep talk. Well we pull out of a side road,just 2 minutes from the house. I pull out fine,start going down the road,look in my mirrors,I can't see my husband. So I stop the bike on the side of the road,still lokking for him. We had frs radios attached and he is not responding to me. I am getting worried, then pissed. I don't know how to turn the bike around. I finally get a glimpse of him,and his bike is down on the ground. It's a BMW k1200rs. Iam worried, so I manage to get my bike turned around,sort of. I go across the road,over the curb, onto this guys lawn, then down his driveway. Meanwhile my husband was cursing up a storm into his radio because he couldn't contact me and he was pissed he dropped his bike. A mom walks by with her children,covering their ears. He finally realizes that he got disconnected from his radio. I go up to him and he says he was so concerned about me he forgot to shift into first. He had the bike turned expecting to go,and lost his balance. he hand't dropped a bike in years. He was bruised up on his thighs pretty good from trying to hold the bike up. I still bring up his "pep talk"

Many yrs ago, My brother Dan, his son Mark(prob 14 at the time), and I were riding atv's and a dirt bike on the land we hunt on...After about 15 min we stopped on top of a field full of thorn bushes the size of cars...Mark was on the bike, and his father gave him a "its too dangerous up here for you to ride the bike, so you take the 4 wheeler" speach. Dan didnt go 15' on the bike, and ran straight into one of those thorn bushes. Of course Mark and I were laughing so hard, we about fell off the quads.

Rar
09-19-2012, 08:29 PM

Uh - don't forget to mention whose vehicle the mishap(s) occurred with----also who had to go without a vehicle and who had to deal with the insurance company. Come to think of it, a farkle for my Spyder might fade the awful memories. :)

dannymax
09-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Uh - don't forget to mention whose vehicle the mishap(s) occurred with----also who had to go without a vehicle and who had to deal with the insurance company. Come to think of it, a farkle for my Spyder might fade the awful memory. :rolleyes:

Absolutely!! Forgiveness is a virtue....being compensated for it is more than reasonable! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I agree! :thumbup:
And here you are with a Birthday right around the corner AND the Holiday season lurking!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_9.gif