PDA

View Full Version : Battery Cover

rcturner
09-13-2012, 01:19 PM
I want to get to the battery on my RT to check connections. Per the manual, it is just a matter of raising the seat, remove two screws and the cover comes off. What does it really take to get this panel off ? Mine comes loose but, something is going to need serious force applied to get it out.

Bob Denman
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I believe that Lamont posted some pretty good information about this process... Maybe you could try to do a search to find it? :dontknow:
Unfortunately; I remember the thread, but not where it is. :opps:

NancysToy
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
If you figure it out, let me know. I have never been able to manage it. I know it worked on the pre-production models, but I suspect they changed the panels somewhat. I end up removing the left side panels. There is no free lunch!

rcturner
09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
With more than 250 views and only two replies, I decided that the forum did not have the answer to my question. So, I sent an e-mail to the Dealer and Customer Support group at BRP asking the following:

Because of noted issues with battery connections coming loose, I tried to get to my battery using the instructions in the owners manual. There seems to be no way to get to it without seriously stressing the plastic parts. What is the real process for getting to the battery? Thanks

The following is the totally useless answer I got from them:

"Thank you for contacting BRP:

In response to your request, we would kindly invite you to contact your authorized BRP dealership for all technical & parts questions. They will be the best ones to help you with your demand. Unfortunately, your request is too technical for us, and we are not trained to answer this type of question here at customer service.

To find a dealership in your area, please visit our website at: www.brp.com (http://www.brp.com/)

Thank you for your time.

--
http://www.brp.com/BRPInternationalMY09/Static/neutral/images/logo_brp.gif

Pascale"

Unfortunately, this just continues to support my opinion of how useless they are and the lack of concern for customers that BRP has. I can't imagine any question that would be less technical than this one. Once again. it appears to be a zero effort answer.

Plyrod38
09-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I was interested in connecting my Battery Tender "quick disconnect" to the the battery terminals. Needless to say I was unable to accomplish this minor chore on the Spyder even after trying to remove much body work.
I've concluded this machine is not friendly to the shade tree mechanic. I've decided to just stick with the alligator clips for now.

ulflyer
09-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Plyrod, connect the hot to the terminal covered with the RED plastic cover. You'll see it has a small screw in bolt on it. Split the cover and stick it back on, and for the negative, drill a small hole nearby into the center metal frame and attach the negative wire there. Thats it. If you're unsure, I live over in Davidson County, just across the new Yadkin River bridge. Come over one day and I'll fix it for you.
PM if you want.

rcturner
09-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Plyrod, connect the hot to the terminal covered with the RED plastic cover. You'll see it has a small screw in bolt on it. Split the cover and stick it back on, and for the negative, drill a small hole nearby into the center metal frame and attach the negative wire there. Thats it. If you're unsure, I live over in Davidson County, just across the new Yadkin River bridge. Come over one day and I'll fix it for you.
PM if you want.

On the RT there is no need to drill a hole. If you follow the negative wire about 3 inches towards the frame, it is attached to the frame with a 6 MM bolt. Just get a 6 mm nut and attach your battery tender negative there.