PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Radio

Fire Bike
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Yesterday I rinsed of the buggy :ani29:before a supper ride using only a low pressure garden hose and toweled it dry. A ½ hour later I left the house and the radio would come on for a second then off much like an inappropriate VOX setting when using the helmet system. There were no helmets plugged in since I was only going a short distance alone so I used a helmet without the speaker/intercom system.
As I went down the street the off periods became shorter and the on time became longer until about a mile from the house the radio came on and functioned normally. Could this have been a moisture issue from the washin’?
We only have 1400 miles on the buggy so if it needs attention better to know now than 2 days after the warranty expires and radio dies

NancysToy
09-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Be sure you have had the "Antenna Water Intrusion" service bulletin performed, and have the dealer check for either a loose antenna or one that has separated from the crimped end.

BlueLine
09-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Hope someone has a solution. Mine has done this periodically, and its not after a wash and only when using the iphone on AUX. Ive just cycled the up down volume several times and it blasts back on. The auto volume gets dysfunctional too. We'll both have to wait for the sound system Garu's to respond, someones always out there with a good solution.