PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Day On The NY Roads

brodyson
09-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Morning ride- I am on a two wheel bike, my daughter on the Spyder. I get cut off by a driver that pulls even with me and then swerves into my lane while doing 60 mph. Driver than pulls out of my lane continues ahead and causes a 3 car accident. After doing a 360 and ending in the woods, she pulls out of woods back onto highway and passes us again only to have a blowout and cause another close call.
I call my friend (sheriff) and he gets a patrol car out to investigate. Turns out to be a 49 year old woman drunk out of her mind.

Afternoon ride with my wife- riding the highway in the right lane, all cars hitting the brakes and swerving to the right. Up ahead is a bed of a truck in the left lane. Must have been on a flatbed headed towards the recycling plant.

I haven't been to the tail of the dragon, but it is never dull on the streets of Long Island, NY

Bob Denman
09-13-2012, 06:43 AM
:shocked: Holy crud! If you can survive all of that in just one ride; you should buy a Lotto ticket! :thumbup:
Stay safe! :yikes:

boborgera
09-13-2012, 08:05 AM
It's a good thing that Woman wasn't drinking a 32 oz soda [pop to non New Yarkers] She would really have been in deep trouble.:roflblack:

ARtraveler
09-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Glad you survived your encounters. Like Bob said, I think its lottery ticket time. :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
unfortunately i found that an average ride in ny, but as long as they have a drivers license it is ok.:yikes:

2Paw
07-15-2014, 05:17 PM
32 oz soda [pop to non New Yarkers]

Coke for those of us in the south

Chupaca
07-15-2014, 05:24 PM
glad you all made it through the day...no need to go to the dragon, the stuff that falls off there is nailed up on a tree and out of the way...you need to find some better roads to ryde...:thumbup:

wyliec
07-15-2014, 06:57 PM
glad you all made it through the day...no need to go to the dragon, the stuff that falls off there is nailed up on a tree and out of the way...you need to find some better roads to ryde...:thumbup:

Did you notice the date of the original post?