PDA

View Full Version : Seal Floorboards or Lamont's NBV highway pegs?

Mattman
09-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Preferences?

harrypottar
09-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't have Lamonts pegs so can not comment, but I have seal floorboards, these give you plenty of different feet positions.

Not sure if you could put the pegs on as well as the floorboards

You can stretch your feet out or put them behind you I like them a lot.

harry

Bob Denman
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
:shocked: As much as I really hate to give a non-answer answer; both are pretty darn great! Which one tickles your fancy the best?
It's got to be your call since you've got to be the one who has to live with the course that you take
Good Luck and please let us know which of these 2 great choices ends up on your bike! :thumbup:

shelbydave
09-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I should have looked at / tried out Lamont's Highway pegs while at the BBQ :( I was able to try out the Highway pegs that mount to the black deflectors (Thanks to Teddy for allowing Dave to show me), and I got to try out the Seals.
In Talking to Dave, the pegs were good because he could move his feet around to multiple positions, and showed me one where the front of his feet were on the stock pegs, and his heels were against the passenger floorboards. I used that position a few times riding home, and I feel that riding one up, you can probably get away with highway pegs. If you ride two up like I do most of the time, I think the Seals will be more suitable, as I'll have more position options with the seals, and two up.

Bottom line from what I gathered last week...

Riding alone, you probably have enough options to move around that the pegs would be fine.

Riding two up, you probably want the floorboard to give you as many choices as possible, as some of your "alone options" won't be available to you.

currin20fan
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Hmmm....I went from the scuff guards to Lamont's highway pegs at the BBQ. Drove back to SC and used them allot. Very comfortable. Glad I bought them.

Buttsy
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Not sure if you could put the pegs on as well as the floorboards
harry

Someone on here has the Hwy Pegs and also runs the Seal Pups? They had a picture posted of their heel on the seal and the ball of their foot on the peg. Looked really comfortable but for the life of me I couldn't find it? I think it was sandwiched in a thread about "Heat" issues on the right foot..........good luck at searchin for that? You will come back with 9 gazillion threads, almost as many threads as the US national debt total?;)

So yes you can and I am contemplating doing it but really wanted some additional pictures? I liked what I saw and wanted to look again, so if your out there post up will ya?

exwinger
09-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Boards or Highway pegs depends on the personal choice. I debated between the two and finally decided on the highway pegs. I purchased Lamonts and in my opinion it was an excellent choice. Riding 2 up or solo it makes no difference to me , they work superbly for me. Rode a litle over 400 miles non stop from the BBQ ( gas stops only ) and when I got home no sore butt or back. I do use a utopia backrest. If you decide on the pegs I def recommend Lamonts.

Cruzr Joe
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I also went with Lamonts NBV Highway pegs, i love them

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Gortwol
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
NBV pegs are good, have the straight ones, a bit wide having both feet up there but perfect to relief one leg at a time. The new angled version should solve that problem. I luv them and would recommend....

stevedfive
09-13-2012, 01:16 AM
I would get the Seal Pup Boards and the NBV highway pegs, if I could do a do over.

Dragonrider
09-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Your height is also a factor. As is your transmission.

I am tall & have the SE transmission - for me, the Seal floorboards were a no brainier. If I were shorter and/or had the SM, pegs/Lamont's..... JMHO

Ivorspyder
09-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I think this is purely personal choice.Both are equally nice.I bought the one I thought would suit my way of riding more.

Ivor:spyder:

A1A
09-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I think this is purely personal choice.Both are equally nice.I bought the one I thought would suit my way of riding more.

Okay, I'll ask which did you buy?

Ivorspyder
09-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Okay, I'll ask which did you buy?
The Seal Floorboards.

donnellpj
09-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I purchased Lamont's NBV brackets, but used Kuryakyn pegs.

I used the 20% angle piece that comes with the new kit, and they sit nice and tight to the body, just above the deflectors. They come with enough options for flexibility that you can mount them at almost any height or angle based on height and riding style.

With Pops top block off plate, I get no heat what so ever, and they are very comfortable.

I have no experience with floorboards.

sealfloorboards
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I would get the Seal Pup Boards and the NBV highway pegs, if I could do a do over.

More and more people are going this route. A bit more $ than the standard Seal FloorBoards but some find the combination a good choice for them. I would also like to see some pictures of the two together.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

BitSlayer
09-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I am also pondering this question. At first I was leaning toward the NBV but met a fellow Spyder Ryder for lunch. He had the Seal floorboards and that has almost changed my mind. At 6'2" I am wondering if there is enough foot positions available with the pegs vs. the floorboards. We typically ryde 2-up so that is a consideration as well.

sealfloorboards
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I am also pondering this question. At first I was leaning toward the NBV but met a fellow Spyder Ryder for lunch. He had the Seal floorboards and that has almost changed my mind. At 6'2" I am wondering if there is enough foot positions available with the pegs vs. the floorboards. We typically ryde 2-up so that is a consideration as well.

Taller passengers often use the floorboards rather than the passenger pegs. For shorter, passengers the floorboards make a nice step up to the passenger pegs.

ide in comfort,

John
Seal Floorboards.