PDA

View Full Version : Went for a little ride and puked some antifreeze

Lamonster
12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
The temps warmed up to 57 here in East TN so I decided to take the Spyder down to Pigeon Forge and then to Gatlinburg and tool around. I stopped by Mountain Adventure and right away people were stopping by and asking questions about the Spyder. After I got done with them I went inside to look around and then another guy came in and asked me if that was my Spyder and did I know I had a big puddle of antifreeze under it. I kinda freaked out seeing it wasn't that hot and it was much hotter in FL when I picked up the Spyder.

All the service guys came out and gave it a good looking over and the service manager made a call to BRP seeing they were a dealer, just not for the Spyder yet. BRP said they could take a look at it but while I was looking it over I noticed that the over fill tank cap was not turned all the way clockwise, it was about half way from a full lock. This is a pressure tank and my guess was that when I check the fluid the other day I didn't get the cap on properly seeing this was the first time I had seen a presurized system like this I didn't pay close enough attention to that. My bad. :redfaced:

I seated the cap and started it up and let the fan cycle a few times and there was no leaks. It may have been overfilled from the factory seeing even after it puked it was still above the full line when it was hot. Lesson learned I guess and I hope it will help some of you in the future. :doorag:

By the way Mountain Adventure really went out of their way to try and help me. I hope they can pick up the Spyder side of BRB. They seem like good folks.

This is what you don't want to see under your Spyder. ::)

http://img2.putfile.com/main/12/35418595924.jpg

billclemen
12-22-2007, 01:02 AM
I will take a look at my tank tomorrow before leaving for a 150 mile ride. Thanks for the writeup. So far, my only complaint is that I need lower pegs and a higher seat to moderate the bend for my knees. With other motorcycles I have always been able to take care of this without too much trouble once the aftermarket cranks up.