PDA

View Full Version : Who put a deposit down for an auto and when did they say you'd get it?

Helevitia
12-18-2007, 12:56 AM
My local dealership told me "March". I called BRP and they told me "Summer". Anybody want to chime in? Thanks!

Lamonster
12-18-2007, 07:26 AM
http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/TrySpyder/Latest.News.html

[BRP Can-Am Spyder Marketing] The next batch of Spyder units will be shipped in February
and March. This batch should cover the volume of pre-purchasers who provided deposits
prior to July 15th, 2007. A third batch of Spyder units will be shipped in April and May. This
batch should cover the volume of pre-purchasers who provided deposits prior to September
15th, 2007. For delivery information, please visit spyderryder.com, there is more information
posted there.

Spyderman
12-21-2007, 09:15 PM
I had heard the auto's aren't available till fall of 2008.

rbrannum
12-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I put a deposit on an auto clutch through Barneys in St Petersburg, FL. Delivery Sep2008 at $18,500 out the door.
I have found Barneys to be a trusted dealer.

Helevitia
12-22-2007, 02:56 AM
BRP just cleared this up. Here is what they posted:

NEW SE5 MODEL INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON SPYDER WEB SITE

The open road will soon be in the palm of your hands with just the push of a button. Visit www.spyder.brp.com and click on the SE5 menu in the lower left hand corner of the main page to get your first glance at the new model, with the new sequential electronic 5-speed transmission.

The SE5 has all the features found in the Spyder roadster you’ve come to know, only now you have the shifting controls at your fingertips. No more clutching with your hand and shifting with your foot, all it takes is a simple push of the shifter button to go to your desired destination.

Pre-orders are currently being taken at your local Can-Am Spyder authorized dealer. Shipments of SE5 Spyder roadsters are scheduled for delivery in late July for the first units with additional shipments in the later part of August and September. Visit www.spyder.brp.com for more details and product info on the new SE5 and to find a dealer closest to you.

Damn, I got a looooooooonnnnngggg wait! :'(

Helevitia
12-22-2007, 02:59 AM
I put a deposit on an auto clutch through Barneys in St Petersburg, FL. Delivery Sep2008 at $18,500 out the door.
I have found Barneys to be a trusted dealer.

Thanks for your info. It's nice to get info from somebody that has actually ordered the SE5 Spyder rather than relying on the ever changing dates and info that BRP and dealers put out.