PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Headset

JRWW
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I have a 2010 RTS SE5 with the Audio package and the Ipod intergration cable/kit which allows me to listen to my IPOD through the front and rear speakers and control volume and artists etc.
I also have a Autocom Superpro Automatic unit installed that allows me to listen to music from my Iphone directly to the headset speakers in my helmet/s and communicate with my wife.

Now, what I would like to do is listen to my IPOD and have the volume come through my Autocom headset in my helmet/s rather that the speakers and have control via the Left switch block to alter volume and artists etc

I understand that if I had the BRP headset installed I could mute the speakers and have the sound go to the headset in my helmet. Somehow I need to redirect the sound from the Spyder Audio unit to the Autocom unit.

Does anyone know if this is possible,I'd greatful for any suggestions.

Regards
John

harrypottar
09-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Have you tried it, I thought with the iPhone that it will only output sound through a single connection.

Connect to the bike, the connect head set via Bluetooth, that should only send sound out through the Bluetooth and not the spyder speakers.

I have the BRP set up, in the audio menu I can turn off the speakers, not sure if you can go to your audio settings and turn off the speakers if you dont have the BRP comms unit.

Harry

Whoops, note you have iPod, sorry blue tooth is with the iPhone not the iPod.

2NFrnt
09-10-2012, 07:46 AM
I think you can do what I have been doing for 3 years without problems. I connect a Sony bluetooth dongle (which I got from Radio Rider) into the headphone port on the Ipod and then just pair the dongle to your Autocom headset. I then mute the bikes speakers and listen to my Ipod tunes in my headset and have handle bar control of the Ipod. This works very well for me, however I am using the Sena headsets. Hope this helps.

Sam

NancysToy
09-10-2012, 09:02 AM
With my Starcom1, I did it this way. I puchased a PAC SNI-35 hi-lo converter from ABC Warehouse. I also purchased an RCA to 3.5 mm adapter cable. I wired the SNI-35 into the rear speaker wires of the RT. The RCA cable connects it to my Starcom1. The result is music in my headset, that can be controlled via the handlebar. The music mutes when the intercom is active...although the Starcom1 can be set up to keep the music alive.