PDA

View Full Version : Winter mod ideas, please!

smurfette
09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi!
My ryde's name is Smurfette, and she is a 2010 RT-A, with a few mods of course! I try to do one major mod per year (ok maybe a few farkles too!). This year, once we stop ryding on a regular basis, I was trying to think of a new one. As of right now, it's a toss up between a new seat, or beefing up the suspension with Elka shocks, and air suspension. Hmm, which would you choose?

Bob Denman
09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I added the BRP ACS to my 2010 A&C this past June... (well... I had the DEALER add it! :opps:)
I do like that it gives easier adjustability to the suspension. :thumbup:
But a set of Elikas... :shocked: How hard do you tend to push your bike into the twisties? I just changed to a set of 2011 RT shocks, and they made a nice difference in how my bike handles...
Either change would have very positive results for you... it's you choice as to the path taken! :thumbup: ;)
Let us know...

Arr MiHardies
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
If you have a 2010 AC I'd go with the Elkas, or at least a pair of shocks from a 2011. The 2011 had already improved the shocks over the 2010, and Elkas improved mine even more.

But a new seat can make a world of difference especially on long trips.

Netminder
09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Elkas made riding so much more enjoyable for us!:yes::yes:

Bob Denman
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
You know... replacing the seat is more of a mere farkling, than it is a mod! :shocked: :thumbup:

Jharpo
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
You know... replacing the seat is more of a mere farkling, than it is a mod! :shocked: :thumbup:
​it may be a "mere farkling" to you, but $700.00 plus is a MOD to me!

Bob Denman
09-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Sorry... I was referring more to the complexity of the job than the ultimate cost. :shocked:
If I can tackle it; mere farkling... :thumbup:
If I can do it; but it takes a lot of brainpower to overcome the fear; that's farkling: heavy-duty style! :shocked:
If the dealer gets the call and I run screaming; that's a mod! :yikes: :roflblack:

It's always cheaper to have it done the right way, ONCE! :2thumbs: