PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from BRP!

pwilbarger
09-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Friday got a call from Emily at BRP. I don't know why other than she wanted to know how I liked my RT-S, if I was was having any problems with the unit or my dealer, what improvements I would like and what accessories I've added. I really like my RT-S and have put over 13k on it in 2 years. I gave her an honest of my whole experience with my dealer(s) and BRP including the problems I had actually trying to get my local dealer's sales people to get me an RT-S, the annoying problem with the GPS only talking thru the external spkrs and dealer taking a week or more to get normal services done. We also talked about what I liked about riding it. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes. And she told me when I take it back to the dealer for the gps problem (again) to call her when I drop it off and they will open a file and get the problem resolved with the tech. I also don't the AVC is not working and may be related to this problem which I think is related to the unit not being setup correctly at the the dealer I purchased it from. Hopefully I'll get it in soon. An appointment is always required.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt jim
09-09-2012, 10:56 AM
got the same call we talked for 1/2 hour about the whole spyder experience good good and good. minor problem just experienced starter button becoming harder and harder to start she gave me a case # and my dealer called me to set up app. for a fix.will let you know results capt jim

Arr MiHardies
09-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I really do wish they'd call me. I've got some good suggestions.

Bob Denman
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
:shocked: I'd love an invite to this party also! :thumbup:

Arr MiHardies
09-09-2012, 01:45 PM
#1 on my wish list is built In Bluetooth. That supports both stereo, cb communication and rider/passenger intercom. Oh and phone.
#2 reposition the mirrors on the rt so the view isn't blocked by the handlebars.
#3 top loading saddle bags. I'm sick of losing stuff on the freeway when they won't stay closed.

Bob Denman
09-09-2012, 03:22 PM
I agree with your #3 for sure! :shocked: :gaah:

btcherm
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I'd love an invite to this party also!and to talk to BRP:spyder2::chat:

Bob Denman
09-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Maybe since there's over 9000 of us; we should try to talk to Lamont about setting up something??? :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I am curious about your comment on the handlebar blocking the mirrors, probably one of the best things i like about my RT (2012 ltd) is that they seem to me to be the absolute best mirrors i have ever had on a m/c, i just sat on my RT and could not get the handlebars in the way???? I am about six foot 225 lbs and sit rather straight up on the spyder.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

SilverFox1
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Same thing with me! It's one of the features that made me look twice at an RT. Big mirrors
at the right spot and very solid. You can actually recognize who's riding behind you. I back up with my trailer using the mirrors only.
Just love them!

SilverFox

Bob Denman
09-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I dig the placement of them also; I just wish that the mounting method was more... secure! :shocked:

TuckMiddle
09-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Friday got a call from Emily at BRP. I don't know why other than she wanted to know how I liked my RT-S, if I was was having any problems with the unit or my dealer, what improvements I would like and what accessories I've added. I really like my RT-S and have put over 13k on it in 2 years. I gave her an honest of my whole experience with my dealer(s) and BRP including the problems I had actually trying to get my local dealer's sales people to get me an RT-S, the annoying problem with the GPS only talking thru the external spkrs and dealer taking a week or more to get normal services done. We also talked about what I liked about riding it. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes. And she told me when I take it back to the dealer for the gps problem (again) to call her when I drop it off and they will open a file and get the problem resolved with the tech. I also don't the AVC is not working and may be related to this problem which I think is related to the unit not being setup correctly at the the dealer I purchased it from. Hopefully I'll get it in soon. An appointment is always required.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that AVC in the above is auto volumn control, thumb thru the menu choices and it's on the adio page or whatever it's called. There is a choice to disable the AVC. Mine and several others had somehow gone to disable, simply reset it and it'll work again. No magic, it's just hidden.
Tuck

ARtraveler
09-10-2012, 11:28 AM
There was a previous thread also talking about this. I mentioned my talk with Emy which lasted about 45 mintues also.

It appears they want to know what we think is both the good and bad about the Spyder.

Bob Denman
09-10-2012, 11:30 AM
The bad... :shocked: I don't get to ride it enough

Cruzr Joe
09-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh no, i agree with Bob

Cruzr Joe

Arr MiHardies
09-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm 6'1". When my mirrors are positioned where they need to be, my handlebars, especially my left ones including the clutch handle, block a fair mount of the middle insides of the mirror, right where I need to see behind me. Moving them out or up would be nice.

Hokiev
09-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Just got my call from Emily also. Was nice to be able to express issues I have been having and lack of response from dealer and manufacturer. Don't think it will do any good, but at least I felt better talking to "Da Man" or "Da Mam".
She also set up a case number for a transmission issue I am having. Hopefully it will help having a senior tech already assigned once I bring it in to the dealership.

Cruzr Joe
09-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Whats a clutch handle??? I knew they left something off my RT ltd SE5. Headed back to the dealer to get my................what did you call that thing again?

Cruzr joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

RAYYOU
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Got the call today. Told them we love the bike but not the dealer service with problems and the heat on my right foot. The gentleman also said he would call back tomorrow to help take care of the parking brake problem that it has been to the shop 4 times to fix and still isn't. All in all a good talk and it's nice to see that they are trying to address some of the problems.

Fire Bike
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I got a call too. Was busy so I blew it off...damn:opps:

Some Guy
09-10-2012, 08:52 PM
"I got a rock".

OK...you all know that quote...right?

Dizneyman
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Had mine a few weeks ago, and like others about 45 minutes plus to discuss good and bad. Reviewed my maintenance history they had on file and want to make sure all was working well. Great service in my opinion as they are not afraid to opening up that "can of worms".
:clap:

GeoffCee
09-11-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm 6'1". When my mirrors are positioned where they need to be, my handlebars, especially my left ones including the clutch handle, block a fair mount of the middle insides of the mirror, right where I need to see behind me. Moving them out or up would be nice.

Well, I for one hope they don't move them up. If I have to stand on tippy toes to see behind me I'll know who to blame. Let's hear it for the little guys, uh? (I'm right here, standing alongside this garden snail).

Bob Denman
09-11-2012, 07:00 AM
:shocked: Geoff, Is that YOU?? :roflblack:

Spyderjockey
09-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I got a call from Jeff at BRP last week and had a great conversation with him. I told him that one of the big things they need to work with is their dealer network, there are some great ones out there and then there are some that are way less than great......even horrible...... at least with mechanics and service issues. I told him that I love the Spyder and that we have over 73,000 miles on it and he said that was the 3rd highest mileage of people that he had talked to. He was very receptive to ideas that I had for what I would like to see on future models like a 6th gear, more accessible or remote grease fittings on front "A" arms, top opening bags on the RT and some other things that I can't remember now. I also asked if customers are ever invited to "Club" and he said he wasn't sure but to talk to my dealer and thought that it sounded like a good idea to get some customer input directly to some of the higher eschelon of BRP. He was very friendly and I enjoyed talking with him. :thumbup:

GeoffCee
09-11-2012, 09:24 AM
:shocked: Geoff, Is that YOU?? :roflblack:

Damn fool question. Use your telescopic sight, Bob, it's what it's for!

Tell me if ya can see this smiley.

SilverCruiser
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM
BRP probably should have sent a couple of guys to Lamont's BBQ. They could have had a couple of sessions with everyone & got a lot of good & bad in 1 setting:doorag:

Rando
09-15-2012, 07:25 PM
"I got a rock".

OK...you all know that quote...right?Yes, I KNOW that quote.

SpyderAnn01
09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I am curious about your comment on the handlebar blocking the mirrors, probably one of the best things i like about my RT (2012 ltd) is that they seem to me to be the absolute best mirrors i have ever had on a m/c, i just sat on my RT and could not get the handlebars in the way???? I am about six foot 225 lbs and sit rather straight up on the spyder.

Joe

The mirrors are great and I have seen them pointed out in reviews as being the best on any motorcycle on the market today.

mick ruhdorf
09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
hi about the mirrors ive just put on some risers and now the mirros are useless so rather than spend a bunch of cash on the up an out mirror extenders i put a set of bar-end mirrors i had on and now i can see again :yes:
cheers mick

rock
09-23-2012, 09:50 AM
i hope they do not move them..i am 5..6 n my mirrors are exactly where i want them...mywife sits behind me and can see everything i see and she loves it....

pwilbarger
10-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I finally got around to stopping at my dealer on Thursday morning and told the service manager about the problem and the call from BRP. I told him I need to drop it off and have the mech. look at right away and not keep it for a week because I will call BRP when I drop it off. He asked me to call on Monday and we will work out a day to leave it. We shall see if this happens before the snow flies.