PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Wrenching on my RT

ulflyer
09-08-2012, 06:52 AM
What a fine day it was. I've never met so many nice, friendly folks.
I got to Lamonts about 8:30am and was the second one to get ELKA shocks mounted. Had never even thought about them before and the purchase was purely on a whim.

Being a conservative rider, for me the change was more subtle rather than dramatic. They give the RT a smoother ride, absorbing bumps easier, with seemingly more positive, smoother, control around curves. Really hard to describe. I'm happy with them and glad I did it.

Later in the day BajaRon was kind enough to tackle plug and wire change on the RT with me taking off the plastic so he could get at the air box. It gave me a chance to examine the box, nice and dry, and the air filter which was not dirty at all after 17,500 mi. Ron worked hard for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and then helped me reinstall the plastic. He and I were the last two to leave Lamont's place about 8:30PM.

Ron...I can't thank you enough for your kindness.

The little Orange Tabby came by for a final goodby before I left; I had given it a lot of lovin earlier on, being a cat lover. I asked it to go with me but it said "Nah, hard to beat the deal he had with Lamont"....

Lamonster
09-08-2012, 06:56 AM
The little Orange Tabby came by for a final goodby before I left; I had given it a lot of lovin earlier on, being a cat lover. I asked it to go with me but it said "Nah, hard to beat the deal he had with Lamont"....

Thanks for not taking Buddy, I've grown rather attached to that little feller. :doorag:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/418760_435302879846322_467523134_n.jpg

ulflyer
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Lamont, I've got 4 cats onboard now along with 2 dogs. I've never met another cat lover that I didn't like.

A special thanks to you for having all of us out. My buddy is in very early stages of Alsheimer (sp) and knows his time is limited so it was a real treat for him to see all the goings on and talk to folks. At one point he was off by hisself and couldn't remember the name of our hotel. He flagged down another Can Am couple and they figured it out and led him back to the hotel. So, whoever you are, thanks for your kindness.