PDA

View Full Version : Took delivery of a yellow (fast color!) Spyder today!

billclemen
12-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Rode it the few miles to my home from the dealer and it felt really solid and good. Since I am an old sidecarist leaning toward the inside of a turn is second nature. The Spyder, by way of contrast to a sidecar, is much more centered and the braking seems easier. Can't wait for my first trip -- but first I need to get some new habits in place, such as using the brake pedal and getting comfortable with low speed manuevering. Tomorrow I will check the oil, tire pressures and see about adjusting the mirror pods. Then I will be off to a big parking lot for practice before venturing into traffic. SpyderMan here.

Lamonster
12-16-2007, 06:39 AM
:congrats: Took me about 300 miles before it felt right to me. 8)

Magic Man
12-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Good luck with your got mine on 12/14 it too is Yellow. Unlike lucky you I can't ride mine now. I live upstate NY and we have snow everywhere right now. Will be taking it to Daytona for Display at our site (Street Magic Cycle Products Rig at Destination Dayton) in March can't wait! I hope to get there a few days ahead of time to be able to get used to it before the Daytona crowds come into town? We have a 2004 T-Rex and a 2007 Suntrike now, all are 2 up front and one in back designs already. Now, hopefully all I have to do is get used to sitting "on" it rather than "in" it like the others. I have a ATV and have had sleds all my life so hopefully the learning curve will be easy? I wish you good luck with your Spyder.

Ride safe.