PDA

View Full Version : Video Clips for Newbies

chris56
09-07-2012, 12:11 AM
some of the new ryders whom I showed how to drive a spyder, have the feeling the steering is not stable - because the hold the handlebars too tight ..
tried to make a "HOW TO " clip - but not really happy with that

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=346

Elembytes
09-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the video- nice perspective---just worry about you crossing that white line so often. Please be careful so you will live to make more videos! ;)

Macca
09-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the video- nice perspective---just worry about you crossing that white line so often. Please be careful so you will live to make more videos! ;)

Agree

aperkin
09-07-2012, 05:49 PM

I'm not a newbie yet since I don't have a Spyder but watching this actually kinda scared me. :yikes:

With you crossing the white line so much, the question comes to mind: Is it that hard to keep in a lane?

Of course, I've been snooping around these forums for a number of weeks so I know better. But if this is someone else's first impression, it might be a bit different than you intended.

Hopefully will have my M endorsement next week and my Spyder soon after...

TicketBait
09-07-2012, 06:02 PM
some of the new ryders whom I showed how to drive a spyder, have the feeling the steering is not stable - because the hold the handlebars too tight ..
tried to make a "HOW TO " clip - but not really happy with that

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=346

Why not take down the video and re do without going over the white line since that seems to be the distracting point. I might also suggest to mute the sound and maybe give some instructional pointers like look ahead and not into the turn, keep a loose grip on the handlebars, always be checking your mirrors, or look what potential hazards might be on the highway, vehicle entering etc. Just saying I think this is a great idea for the new riders what you are attempting to do but with a little more it will be great, and you will post your happiness rather than not. :cheers: jmo