PDA

View Full Version : Install new oil cover on rts

spacetrucker
09-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Has any one put the new side cover on rts the oil cover out side, mine came with no ins in box looks nice long black cover and some nuts, OS any one can tell me so my kids can put it on. Thanks...

NorthStar
09-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a scanned copy of these instructions. The file is too big to be sent through Spyderlovers mail.

Mike

Dragonrider
09-07-2012, 12:04 PM
How did you get one sent to you? I have to go to the stealer to get one???

spacetrucker
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
You must be nice to dealer and they will ship it ot to you. You send them the paper work and the the ship it out. but I had now INS in box so do not know how the go on..???

flybuddy
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I changed mine out. Didn't find the instructions very useful as they were almost 100% small pics with very little wording. Basically took off all of the left side tupperware and reinstalled with the new panel going on (almost) last. The pic of the new bracket was a little confusing but played with it for a few minutes and figured it out. Not that hard to do and really does make a big diff next time you change oil.

gypsy_100
09-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Your dealer should also have sent you the instructions -- Part Number 219800270. Ask him if he can get you that part number. No charge.

A key detail in the installation is when you attach the bracket you just put the screws in part way and leave them loose. After you fit the black panel in place and get everything lined up, then you tighten the two screws holding the bracket on. And BRP specifies you tighten the lower screw first, then the upper in order to insure clearance with the shift linkage. Then they caution you to check the linkage to be sure it does function properly. I have the manual transmission version and the clearance is very tight. It works fine but I can see how improper installation could result in lack of clearance. If you have the SE, I don't know what it looks like down there.

When you "use" the new panel for changing oil, the instructions tell you to just loosen those two screws 5-6 turns. When reinstalling, remember to tighten the lower screw first and check for adequate clearance.

ulflyer
09-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Pay attention to the right top side; theres a tab on your lower colored panel that the black panel slips over top of. Keeps the panel from flapping inward. Wriggle panel in place, tighten two screws, put in two push tabs and thats it.