PDA

View Full Version : We are a TWO Spyder family now

DocRags
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm as excited as a new mom or grandmom :yes::yes::yes:...we bought our first RT today--a Lava Bronze 2012 Limited--to go with our Phantom 2008 GS/RS. Now I just need to get my M endorsement...and Ed out of the hospital. Chemo Round Two started today. We're :pray: he does as well with the drugs he's getting this time as he did with the first round ones...we were able to get in quite a few :spyder2: rides once he was discharged from the hospital in August, and hope we can do so this month.

Now we're going to be in a waiting mode until our new baby arrives from Texas.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
:congrats: and welcome to the 2 Spyder family!!!

NancysToy
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
:thumbup: There seem to be a lot of us that double our pleasure, double our fun. (Sorry Mr. Wrigley)

BTW, you weren't very hard to lead astray. I told you asking my advice about toys was a bad idea. :roflblack:

DocRags
09-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I told you asking my advice about toys was a bad idea. :roflblack:[/SIZE] Ed was telling his son all about your list of toys...trying to say YOU were worse than us, I think. :roflblack: (Well, I think he was really trying to placate him over my comments about spending his inheritance). :thumbup:

MMcc
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Great news on the new:spyder2:. More incentive to get your endorsement and enjoying the view from the drivers seat. Our best to Ed, chemo is the pitts.

CyncySpyder
09-06-2012, 03:16 AM
:2excited::yes::congrats::yes::2excited:

GloryRyders
09-06-2012, 04:37 AM
:congrats: on the new RT Ltd....................this should help Ed get through this round of chemo:2thumbs:

Moosemanj
09-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Congrats, we love our Lava RT LTD. hope things go well for Ed!

Spyderal11
09-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Congratulations on your new edition and looking forward to seeing the both of you again.

DocRags
09-06-2012, 06:42 AM
:congrats: on the new RT Ltd....................this should help Ed get through this round of chemo:2thumbs:
I'm really not sure if it's helping get him through it or not...I know I was tossing and turning last night, saying "What the :cus: was I thinking?! This is crazy! I don't even have my endorsement!" He's sitting in bed making a list of mods!

Bob Denman
09-06-2012, 07:05 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack: So if he's up to extra farkling; I'd have to say that he's feeling pretty darn good right now! :thumbup:
Tell your son that he's going to be left with nothing but GOOD MEMORIES of two great parents! He won't know how to answer that one and it'll give you extra time to start using the money for the farkles! :clap:

Rar
09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
:congrats: On your new Spyder. :yes::yes::clap::clap:

What is involved in getting a motorcycle endorsement in Florida? Do you have to have a road/skills test? In New York, one can get a permit by passing a written test. This enables the person to ride with a licensed operator within 1/4 (I think) mile of them.

DocRags
09-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately, in Florida you have to pass the motorcycle safety course in order to get the M endorsement...you then take the papers from the class to the DMV and get the M added to the driver's license. In this part of Florida you have to take the class on a 2 wheel bike. I passed the written test with a 100% but didn't care for the riding on 2 wheels part & dropped out. :yikes: They now offer the class on a scooter (because of my experience) so I should be able to do OK on one. BRP is supposed to be sending some Spyders for the classes but they don't have them yet and don't know when they will. I'll practice around the neighborhood with Ed, once he's out of the hospital and up to it, and take the class when it's cooler out. He's already making a list of mods we need on our new :spyder2:. He must be feeling pretty good. :2thumbs:

sealfloorboards
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I know from my own experience that nothing speeds up the recovery process than someone or something to recover for. Congrats. on your new addition. Good luck on your endorsement, you can do it:thumbup:!

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Rar
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
You'll do fine getting your endorsement. :thumbup:

denviola
09-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Congrats on the RT and prayers to your family.
We got our LB/Tan RT on 9/8 and it has been very theraputic. I'm sure it will be to you as well.
Wife is riding again and claiming the RT as her own, so maybe we will be a 2 spyder family soon.

Littlebadwolf
09-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Life has changed since we became a 2 Spyder family..Rides are much more enjoyable when you're both driving your own Spyder..Doesn't take any convincing Cindi to go take a ride and she's become more involved in personalizing her own ride..It definitely improves the quality time we spend together on the road..One of the best things we've done is getting her a Spyder of her own...

ARtraveler
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
:congrats: on the new ryde.