PDA

View Full Version : Question about Utopia back rest

Spyderjockey
09-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I am thinking about getting a Utopia back rest for my 2008 GS. We have the BRP passenger back rest and arm rests from ISCI. My wife is concerned that the Utopia will crowd her too much with what we already have installed on the Spyder. We are both short people and are only about 5'2" to 5'4" tall and weigh in the 140 lb. range. Does any one else who has the Utopia installed on an RS/GS with the BRP passenger back rest find it too crowded for the passenger? I would really love it for me but don't want to make it too crowded for her.......we always ride 2 up. Will appreciate any input.

d.o.spyder-rts
09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I doubt there would be any problem. I know of many Wing riders that have them without any issues. As I remember, it moves forward for access to the passenger seat. BTW, where's Homer? MY home town is Cobleskill. Dale

Spyderjockey
09-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I doubt there would be any problem. I know of many Wing riders that have them without any issues. As I remember, it moves forward for access to the passenger seat. BTW, where's Homer? MY home town is Cobleskill. Dale

Homer is about 25 miles south of Syracuse......right down Rt. 81. Homer and Cortland kind of overlap each other.

Netminder
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
My wife is about the same size and says it is fine for her. Your back will Defenitely thank you for it!