PDA

View Full Version : Brigther Head Light Bulb

lionking
09-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I want to upgrade my headlight bulb to a brighter white. I do not want to put in and HID system. I'm thinking of a PIAA bright white or xtreme white bulb. The illumination of the stock bulb sucks. Has anybody done this before? I would also like to know how to access putting in the new bulb.

revjvegas
09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
It looks to be on about page 149 of the owners manual where it talks about how to get to the headlight bulb.
The manual also notes that it is a H9 type (note: I'm looking at a 2012 manual; may be different on older model).

The other day when I was at Autozone picking up a replacement for my F650, I noticed that there was now a newer halogen offered, SilverStar Ultra, that claimed to be even brighter than the last one I'd installed, so I gave it a go. Haven't yet taken her out at night, but I know the last bulb was a great improvement over the stock. Not cheep though; their like $25 each.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-03-2012, 02:45 PM
It looks to be on about page 149 of the owners manual where it talks about how to get to the headlight bulb.
The manual also notes that it is a H9 type.

The other day when I was at Autozone picking up a replacement for my F650, I noticed that there was now a newer halogen offered, SilverStar Ultra, that claimed to be even brighter than the last one I'd installed, so I gave it a go. Haven't yet taken her out at night, but I know the last bulb was a great improvement over the stock. Not cheep though; their like $25 each.

It sure is compared to H.I.D.,......Mike......:thumbup:

capt.jim
09-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I have been using the Silverstar ultra's, much better than the factory lights, but they regularly go bad and need replacing. I will try the PIAA's next, supposedly they last longer.

MtlBen
09-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I have been using the Silverstar ultra's, much better than the factory lights, but they regularly go bad and need replacing.
:agree:

Same experience with Silverstars on our 2 cars.

...Ben...

nhoj
09-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I want to upgrade my headlight bulb to a brighter white.

OSRAM Night Breaker Plus H3

Available from a site sponsor, Amazon & eBay