PDA

View Full Version : Just Received Spyder Packet from BRP

Spyderman
12-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Got my ID card today, a letter about the first 2500. A poster map of the first 2500 owners in each color and the first name and location of each Spyder on the back.

Way2Fast
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I received mine too. The number one the Spyder card doesn't match the VIN on the roadster though, but the idea was thoughtful at any rate.

Richard

Lamonster
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Looks like FL has a bunch of owners. :doorag:

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4173.JPG
http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4174.JPG
http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4175.JPG

bc1540
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Does this mean that the 2500 are delivered? or is that 2500 the number that "will" be owned by March when they are delivered... 2500 "owners" to me are riders already in possession. Just curious.

Lamonster
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Does this mean that the 2500 are delivered? or is that 2500 the number that "will" be owned by March when they are delivered... 2500 "owners" to me are riders already in possession. Just curious.

Seeing I don't have mine yet and my buddy won't get his till March I would say it's the first 2500 that they took money from.

2faston3
12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello:

Looks like northern Quebec, Canada has the densest population of Spyders......

Just sayin.

2faston3

BajaRon
12-11-2007, 09:46 AM
I hear that my jacket is in! WhhaaaHoo! I can walk up and down mainstreat wearing it and telling people I own $1000 worth of a Silver/Black Spyder.

Oh well, I can watch Lamont rider by on his....

Congratulations to all that actually have theirs!

BajaRon
12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
So, one of those little yellow dots are YOU Lamont? I think it is a bit prejudice to show all of them with Yellow dots. How about some Silver dots?

(Just trying to get my post count up) :joke:

Lamonster
12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
So, one of those little yellow dots are YOU Lamont? I think it is a bit prejudice to show all of them with Yellow dots. How about some Silver dots?

(Just trying to get my post count up) :joke:

It's a bad picture, there's a silver dot for you too. ;)

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4176.JPG

BajaRon
12-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, I feel MUCH Better now! So, I have a Dot and a Jacket! I'm almost there! Is my name on the list?

Way2Fast
12-11-2007, 03:07 PM
According to BRP 60% of the Spyder orders were for silver and 40% for yellow. While I'm not about to start counting dots, it appears that there are more yellow ones than silver on the map...or is it just an illusion?

Richard

BajaRon
12-11-2007, 05:08 PM
It has been posted on other boards that the order ratio is 70% Silver - 30% Yellow. Looks like Production isn't necessarily reflecting demand. That may be why people way down the list are getting their Yellow while people near the top of the list (having ordered a silver) are still waiting.

I ordered 2 days after Lamont but my name is almost at the end of the listings, while I see Lamont is in the 4th row. I think my order fell under the coffee machine and didn't get discovered until September or something. They could have at least spelled my name right.

Probably a doughnut smudge made my name hard to read.

jeuchler
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Got my packet from BRP today, too.

I went to spyderryder.com to enter my member number from the card, but the website doesn't have a field for it. They have a note saying there'll be special content coming soon...

Anyhow, since it doesn't take many Spyder owner dots to fill up my tiny state of Massachusetts, I couldn't tell which one represented me. So I flipped the map over, read half the names, and found my own!

(After all, how many "John's" could there possibly be in Massachusetts who put down payments on Spyders last April?!)

I wondered at the seeming random listing of the names; is that the order in which people placed their deposits, or is it just a random listing?

Lamonster
12-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Got my packet from BRP today, too.

I went to spyderryder.com to enter my member number from the card, but the website doesn't have a field for it. They have a note saying there'll be special content coming soon...

Anyhow, since it doesn't take many Spyder owner dots to fill up my tiny state of Massachusetts, I couldn't tell which one represented me. So I flipped the map over, read half the names, and found my own!

(After all, how many "John's" could there possibly be in Massachusetts who put down payments on Spyders last April?!)

I wondered at the seeming random listing of the names; is that the order in which people placed their deposits, or is it just a random listing?

There were 18 columns. My number is 664 so that should have put me and Ron in the fourth column. It did put me there but they have me listed as being in FL instead of TN. Ron shows up on the 16th row and they used his last name but spelled it wrong but they do have him in TN. After that I can pretty much throw my map away seeing I know that at least two of the members are wrong and I'll bet there are a bunch more screwed up. ::)