PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help from owner

Lamonster
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm picking up my Spyder on Thursday and I want to make a temp mount for my GPS. I need the OD of the bar in this picture so I can find a clamp to work. Thanks.

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1barod.jpg

Lamonster
12-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Thank's if I can get to the bars I do have a bar clamp. :doorag:

barb36jack31
12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
For Lamonster - I know I sound paranoid, but when I went to pick up my Spyder, I found that the keys were missing. The matter got resolved, but it was five days doing so. (A weekend was involved). Give your dealer a call and make sure they have both keys in their hot little hand. I was a quarter of a mile away from my dealer, you are 700 miles! Also make sure that your "walk around"inspection is thorough and deliberate. I was so excited I completely missed that the headlights were non-functioning. I had to go back the next day for a fix. Again this was less than a mile away. You would think that having been a rider for 60+ years and reaching the age of 76, I would not have acted like a 16 year old kid getting his first bike - but I sure did!

Anyway, have a wonderful trip home. Please fill us all in on the details.

Jack H.

Lamonster
12-10-2007, 06:28 PM
That's good advice Jack. My dealer wanted me to send him a check so the paperwork would be done when I went to pick it up but I got to thinking I want to look it over real good before I hand the check over to him.

Way2Fast
12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Check carefully for any scratches etc. Mine had a scratch on the windshield and I bought it to the dealers attention so they are ordering me a new windshield. Once you leave you're on your own.

2faston3
12-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Hello:

Talking the BRP rep with the same question, as I want to mount my GPS as well.

He said that the bar was (1 in and tapered down to 7/8 in).

So you can use the horseshoe type mount from RAM.

Just sayin.

2faston3